TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThisIsMe Offline
Common sense ain't common
Not a n00b

Questions d: - August 13th 2011, 05:23 AM

First off, I have a medical question.
What are some treatments for burns that have scabbed over, but are still bleeding? Like I've rinsed them and cleaned up and put like neosporin on them, and I cover them during the day and let them breath at night, but they still seem to have that infected look and there is still minor pain, like they're infected.
Also, I've been talking to my mom about going back into therapy. I mentioned it to her, but she told me she wanted me to start trying to cope with problems in life on my own. This therapist was one that I actually din't mind going to see (It wasn't awkward sitting in her little office talking to a complete stranger.) But my mother has it in her head that there is no need for me to go back. Also, I'm very cautious around the house about my wrists, but I was out driving around with my mom the other day and because both my hands were on the wheel and my bracelets had fallen down my arm, I'm nearly positive she saw. I guess what I'm asking is, how can I convince her I want to go back and talk to someone? I don't really have a strong relationship with either of my parents, (who are divorced), And I'm just not open to talking about stuff like that with close friends or family.
Sorry for the length of this post, lol. But thanks for reading it if you did, I hope I worded this so it made sense to you.

-K.

In this world of hate there has to be a light Be that light and spread some love Maybe this day the youth can make a difference, No more hate.
-Christofer Drew

days since i last SHed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Questions d: - August 13th 2011, 03:28 PM

Hey there,

For the burns I suggest keep putting on neosporin and keep the wound LIGHTLY wrapped with gauze. And if it hurts take pain killers, as directed, such as Aspirin. If they still look infected within a couple of more days I suggest going to a medical professional as they'd help a lot more than I can.

As for going back to therapy. Try explaining to her that you feel like therapy is what's best for you right now. If she saw your wrists, then I don't see a reason for her to say that you need to learn how to cope by yourself. It's very hard to learn to do that and with my own experience, I learned to cope through therapy.

Good luck & take care.

<3Brittany

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Re: Questions d: - August 13th 2011, 03:36 PM

Hey there!

Well for the cuts it does sound infected. I would make an appointment with your doctor so they can get you on an antibiotic.
As far as getting your mom to take you to therapy ask why she doesn't want you to go? (other than wanting you to cope on your own) Maybe she cant afford it right now in this economy. You said you were driving with her...so either u have ur permit or license. Well if you have your license, then look up local free counselors in your area and try one of those. But don't go behind your mom's back, if she won't budge on taking you herself, let her know that u'll take yourself (Don't be harsh/rude about it, be calm and sweet and rational. Don't get into a fight over it.)
You could always go to your dad as well, but again, don't go behind your mother's back when doing this.
Good luck and I hope all turns out in your favor <3

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

Closed Thread