TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy Really hurting..... - September 1st 2011, 04:17 AM

I am feeling really lonely and stressed. So many things keep on happening and I think that everything is all my fault. I really want to cut. I think that it will help the pain that I am going through. I also think that it's my only option. I don't have any friends because pretty much all of my friends are being really mean to me. They are calling me really hurtful names. They keep on saying that I am stupid, ugly, fat, a loser, a loner and a FAILURE. I feel really hurt. I think that hurting myself will help everything. I can't hold on anymore. I just really want everything to end. I think that everything is all my fault. I actually think that I am stupid, ugly, fat and a big FAILURE. All I need right now is for someone to listen and to care and not push me away. If I cut then I think that everything will be so much better and everyone will be alot happier if I was gone. I don't think that things will get any better, so cutting myself is the best thing to do right now.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Really hurting..... - September 1st 2011, 04:36 AM

I promise I don't think you're any of those things people have called you. If anyone is saying that to you, they aren't really your friends--you deserve much better. When people bully like that, it's usually because they're insecure and think that they are ugly, fat, failures. They try to push it onto other people to make themselves feel better.

That said, I'm really sorry you're going through this. Words can hurt. You deserve way better than "friends" who treat you that bad. Cutting is not the solution, though. The relief of it only lasts a few seconds, and the guilt and the scars last way longer. It becomes an addiction (as it has for me), and then it's REALLY hard to stop. Trust me, you don't want this. Check out this alternatives thread, some of these things have helped me a lot.

I will listen and care and not push you away. PM me anytime

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Really hurting..... - September 1st 2011, 04:57 PM

Hi Rebecca,

You aren't a failure or any of those things they call you. Those people aren't true friends, if they were your friends, they wouldn't do that to you. I'm sorry you're going through this, I know what it's like, the best thing you can do is try and find new friends at school and try and meet new people.
Please don't start cutting yourself, all it will lead to is an addiction that is hard to quit. Cutting is a negative way of dealing with things, you should try positive ways of dealing with things like
-Listening to music.
-Writing in a journal.
-walking.
-running.
-painting.
-drawing.
-Reading.
-Singing.
-sports.
-doing things that you have to get done.
-talking to other people.
I really also think looking at the link to the alternatives thread that Bubbles37 posted would be very helpful.
I'm not sure if all of the alternatives will work for you, but trying them out could be a step in the right direction.
I hope I've helped. You can PM me if you ever need any suggestions or just want to chat.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shanielle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shanielle

Re: Really hurting..... - September 1st 2011, 08:38 PM

Cutting is not your only option. There are other things you can do, and I hope you try to find another way because once you start it's hard to stop.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Really hurting..... - September 4th 2011, 05:08 AM

Hey Rebecca,

I'm so sorry this has been going on!

Have you tried our Alternatives to Self Harm page? There are so many ways to deal with stress that does not include harming yourself. Some of them are distractions, others are ways to get the sensation of cutting without actually cutting. They're all such great ways to deal with stress!

Please, know that these people are in the wrong for calling you these names. You are none of these things. Do you feel comfortable talking to ANY adult about this, such as a teacher, coach, or parent? Somebody has to do something about it, you are not alone, and you are worth listening to. Please report these "friends" to your teachers, they deserve to be punished by the way they are treating you!

I hope things get better, message me if you ever need!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lizmix2011 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Really hurting..... - September 4th 2011, 05:13 AM

You are not what they called you. I know how you feel and it isn't fun. PM if you want to talk

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Infinitely Us Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Taylor

Re: Really hurting..... - September 5th 2011, 06:22 PM

I'm so sorry that you're going through this! Cutting yourself will not make things better. It never does. There is someone out there waiting for you. Just take my advice that I told you in the message.

*Message me anytime whenever you need advice and someone to talk to!*

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Really hurting..... - September 5th 2011, 06:40 PM

Hey rebecca; you've resisted a really long time, and you have a huge support system. Just remember that before you make any decisions, alright? Alright.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Really hurting..... - September 5th 2011, 08:04 PM

Trust me, no matter what anyone says, you're an amazing person and they don't deserve you.
Before you do something you'll regret, remember how many people DO care about you. Because there are lots.
<3

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Love09 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Really hurting..... - September 6th 2011, 04:56 AM

You are a BEAUTIFUL person who does not deserve to be treated that way. Please look at the alternatives that others have posted, and start saying to yourself that you are gorgeous, perfect, beautiful, stunning, smart, sexy and awesome. Change the voices in your head, and you will start to be stronger. Stay strong and don't listen to the hate. You are a beautiful person. PM me if you need to talk! <3

Love everyone

Closed Thread