TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aintzane411 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amelia

Unhappy Confused =/ - September 7th 2011, 06:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, it's been almost four months since I last cut, but today I had this random thing where I scratched the back of my hand up with my pencil. The first scratch was honestly an accident, but then I liked the red mark it left and then I just kept scratching. Would you consider this a slip-up/relapse? I don't really know. I've never really scratched before, except when I first started cutting and didn't use the razors "properly."

I guess I feel sort of guilty because I feel that if it was a relapse/slip-up, then I should start counting all over again at day 1 instead of 4 months, but I don't really want my mom to know because I can't stand how disappointed she would be.

I dunno. I guess I'm just confused. I don't even know if it was that big of a deal. My hand was red for about 40 mins and there were a few scratches left over for a couple hours, but I didn't break the skin. I don't know. XP

[/rant]

Amelia
they/he pronouns
  Send a message via AIM to Aintzane411  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Online
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Confused =/ - September 7th 2011, 07:52 PM

i am not sure about what to take this, as a restart or a minor slip up, but please do know that discouraging yourself and making yourself feel bad is never good. =) i think that you should not think about what it is, and just concentrate on being happy, and smiling more. that way, you will be happier. =)) and if you ever feel down, do not hesitate to talk to us. We are always ready to help you, and never ever give up.

you got our support, all of it, now and forever. And we know that you have a lot of awesomeness in you.. so bring that coolness out =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Confused =/ - September 7th 2011, 08:29 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you are finding things rough at the moment. I think you can chose whether you want to start again or carry on counting, it was a minor slip up and that happens to all of us. Don't be too hard on yourself about it, just learn from this and keep going, you CAN do it, believe in yourself.
If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me,

Take care,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3