TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Speeddemonstar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Glenda

Unhappy help me! I started again - September 21st 2011, 04:45 AM

I had quit cutting for a long time, but then my dad passed away from cancer on aug. 22nd. aka night before first day of school, so I took the week off because of that. there were problems getting me enrolled, and so I didn't start school for a few more weeks. well, I had my first ever full-on panic attack, of course the teacher didn't even notice. ended up extremely stressed afterwords and ended up cutting my arm with my finger nail, now I'm readdicted(if that's a word)to cutting(with razor blades and other sharp metal objects) on my arm. well, mother is bugging me constantly about it, which is stressing me even more, making me even more desparate to cut... I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!! I am just so insanely stressed, and I have health problems causing back pain, so that's adding more stress.... ugh, I want to cut so bad...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: help me! I started again - September 21st 2011, 02:03 PM

Hey Glenda, I'm sorry things aren't so great for you right now but just remember that cutting isn't the answer. You can distract yourself to keep from cutting. I know how hard it is but it is possible. Nothing is ever impossible. You can do this. You just have to believe in yourself. Look at the alternatives in the SH thread, maybe you can find something that works for you? Write, draw, read, exercise. These are all great ways to distract yourself and relieve stress. I hope things lighten up a bit for you soon. Take care of yourself. xx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ammonsa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassandra

Re: help me! I started again - September 21st 2011, 02:11 PM

You've probably heard it before, but cutting isn't the answer. Write poetry, make music, do boxing(great for getting these emotions out) just don't do something this pointless and destructive. Hope this helped.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Speeddemonstar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Glenda

Re: help me! I started again - September 22nd 2011, 07:26 PM

thank you, I will try some of those ideas. my main problem right now is that mom and I got into an argument about my cutting, and that stressed me more and made the urge to cut worse I keep trying to get her to leave me alone so that I won't get the urge as often or as bad, but I was just wondering is there anything I can do to help her understand?

Closed Thread