TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

Can i tell him without losing him? - September 26th 2011, 02:18 AM

So recently i have started cutting again, and it's worse than ever before. I cut every 3 hours on average, sometimes less. The guy I like found out and he has been trying to help me through it, not knowing i started cutting the day he told me he liked someone else. I know i can tell him anything and he'd keep it a secret, but it had been two whole days without me cutting and he was super proud of me and i just cut again.

I'm scared if i tell him, he'll get mad at me and think i'm just cutting for attention because whenever i would tell other friend about me cutting they thought i just told them to make them feel bad for me. He's the only person i can talk to and i really don't want to lose him, but i don't know if i can look him in the eye tomorrow and say i didn't cut when i did.

I know what its like to want to die; how it hurts to smile; how you try to fit in but you can't; how you hurt yourself on the outside; to try to kill
the thing that's in the inside.
Even the people who never frown eventually breakdown.

How can you understand me when I can't understand myself?

It seems to me that the harder I try the harder I fall.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Can i tell him without losing him? - September 26th 2011, 03:44 PM

You should tell him if you want to. Just explain to him how you feel, and that it is NOT for attention. Tell him you know you can trust him, but there's a part of you that is scared to due to past experience. Then tell him you cut again.

Maybe you can ask for his help to make a list of alternatives? Or a list of people you can call if you want/need to talk to someone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can i tell him without losing him? - September 26th 2011, 05:05 PM

Molly, the real issue is your cutting, not him.

If you're cutting every three hours, you're clearly out of control and overwhelmed. You need some immediate help, get that------> as in right now. From a professional. What happens with your boyfriend or how/if you present this to him is frankly irrelevant right now. The goal is to stop this very dangerous behavior, his reaction is a distraction b/c the step involved to do that doesn't involve his participation. Besides, I can almost guarantee his reaction (whenever he hears it) will be much better if he knows you're in therapy and addressing it with someone else!

In the course of treatment, you and your doc can discuss (amongst other things) how to address the boyfriend issue.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Closed Thread