TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haylee. Offline
Just breathe.
Regular TeenHelper

Smile Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 01:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So last week on Thursday I cut myself, and I lost too much blood I guess...I got realllyyy dizzy and my whole body went weak. I just sat there, not moving, scared to death that if I did I would die. I have never been so scared in my life...I haven't cut since then, yay! Which is SO hard bc since Thursday I've been really depressed. But I haven't cut. I promised my best friend that i wouldn't, so I won't. But I'm wondering, does losing blood almost everyday for a long time affect your health that much? I really don't know...I have noticed since then I've lost weight, like [X]. And I haven't gained it back even though I've been eating..

Anyway I just REALLY need support right now, this isn't easy at all. :\ But I don't ever want to cut again. Like, ever. at all. ha..we'll see.

<3 Haylee Elaine <3

Last edited by Palmolive; September 27th 2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Weight numbers are not allowed on teenhelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 01:43 AM

I'm sorry you almost passed out from cutting but the important part is that you've stopped cutting and you don't plan on cutting again. That's great. I hope your friend is supportive and you can talk about urges with her/him. I'm here if you ever need support or someone to talk to. I know how hard quitting self-harm is so you can PM me anytime. Take care of yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 03:54 AM

I'm so glad you're okay Haylee, you're so beautiful and sweet! You're an amazing friend and I love you so much
I'm so happy you've decided to stop cutting, thats a big step in the right direction! Hang in there, things will get better
I think as time goes on the need to cut will fade more and more, so just keep going!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 12:17 PM

That's great to hear Haylee The early recovery process is very difficult, so try to find different outlets to your depression instead of cutting. Find a talent you've got and work on that, that should help you out. Consult your friend for support, it's always wonderful to have someone by your side at times like these.

Try to make an appointment with the doctor to get your BP checked, if you're getting enough nutrient and fluids there shouldn't be a problem with it. Blood replenishes itself.

Again, great job Haylee! <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
butterfly804 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 04:00 PM

Wow, that sounds really really scary. I have to say, I really really admire you for quitting though, which is something I don't have the strength to do. I had gone without cutting for almost 2 months, but I brome down last night and cut myself. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here and I will help you because I obviously really support your decision to stop even though it's something I can't seem to do. :/ I'm really proud of you, hang in there! <3

~Rachel~

<3 ~Anyone who thinks that sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in the rain~ <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 08:35 PM

Hi there

Firstly I want to congratulate you on not self harming since last Thursday. That is really amazing! I know beating self harm is hard but you can do this and the fact you have gone so long with out it proves that you can do this, that deep down you do have the strength and you can beat it and we are here for you every step of the way so don't ever feel like you can't come to us. We're happy to support you here!

I am not completely sure about the blood loss however, I do know it can affect things. I self harmed badly for a while and due to blood loss I became anemic which I am now on pills for so perhaps it would be best to see your doctor

I hope this helps. Make sure you look after yourself. You can do this!
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Haylee. Offline
Just breathe.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - September 27th 2011, 09:33 PM

believe.in.hope, thank you so much, yes my friend is incredibly supportive and she's always been there for me

MELODYYYYYYYYYY, your the most amazing and I love you tons Thanks for your support Nicole It means a lot to me. <3

Pink Lemonade, thank youuu I've been doing research and I'm scared that I might be anemic but idk unless I talk to a doctor, but that whole situation is really complicated. ha :\

butterfly804, aw I'm sorry to hear that, pm me sometime and we can talk. I feel I finally have the strength to help ppl. I'm here for you! And thank you <3 stay strong hun.

Alexithymia, thank you <3 I need all the support i can get And yeah I really hope i'm okay health wise...we'll see....

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: Almost passed out.(and done with SH!) - October 7th 2011, 04:42 PM

First congrats for not cutting. It'll be hard, because I'm on the same path to reocvery. The best thing in the world to have is a friend or someone you can talk to, talk about your urges, how long you've been self harm free, exc. For me it's my fiance. I tell him every week how long it's been(It's been 7 weeks) He knows everything that goes on that makes me want to cut and he helps me find something to do so I don't. It sounds like you have a really awesome friend who's there for you, and that's the most important thing right now. Good luck.

PM me any time you want to talk. I'm here.

Closed Thread