TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

I told, I'm already wishing I hadn't - October 2nd 2011, 04:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I told my parent tonight and while at the moment it felt good, im already wishing that i never told, i finally see that i dont want help. Im conflicted, because i know i need help but honestly i don't really feel like going through this. Any ways to get out of it? Or any people who got help to tell me what to except and hope that it may be worth it?

I know what its like to want to die; how it hurts to smile; how you try to fit in but you can't; how you hurt yourself on the outside; to try to kill
the thing that's in the inside.
Even the people who never frown eventually breakdown.

How can you understand me when I can't understand myself?

It seems to me that the harder I try the harder I fall.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Cowgirl13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amy

Re: I told, I'm already wishing I hadn't - October 2nd 2011, 04:58 AM

I told today to and i wish i hadn't im sorry i dont know what to expect but im going to go talk to a youth leader at my church and see if she can help me even tho i might not want help. I kno the feeling ur having right now and it sucks but we can both pull through im going to try using the butterfly project and see if it helps any

(#3 (permalink)) Old
youbetheanchor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jon

Re: I told, I'm already wishing I hadn't - October 2nd 2011, 06:00 AM

First off, it's a big step telling and unfortunately the rewards don't usually seem so big in the beginning. A great way to feel good, though, is remember that you controlled that. You weren't backed into a corner and forced.

With all that said, it's going to be weird for a bit. I know this from when my girlfriend told me. I was just all ears though and I wanted to know what not to say to her etc. (showing them what triggers you won't happen over night) Now we are 10 months past and we just all live in harmony with less and less close-calls.

"And if you sing to me sweet until then, I may never sail Virginia again"
~Jon
  Send a message via AIM to youbetheanchor Send a message via Skype™ to youbetheanchor 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
jay07 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I told, I'm already wishing I hadn't - October 2nd 2011, 06:44 PM

i told about a week ago..my mom was understanding and what not..until she started thinking i was doing it for attention because thats what my brother did...he did it once though and then told the same day...ive been doing it for about five months and told no one until last wednesday. My mom was like come to me if you have urges..and i was...but then when she started flipping out on my me bc i just showed no emotions one day i SH again and didn't go to her bc she wasn't there for me and i think its to much for her to handle with my brother being autistic and my other brother just left for college..im going to see a councilor tomorrow for the first time so idk how that will go bc my mom doesn't know i cut last night..

Closed Thread