TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Want to start self harming - October 13th 2011, 12:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I want to start self harming. i need peoples help please. Today was really painful. A group of girls pushed me down the stairs and then ganged up on me and started saying really rude and hurtful things about me. I got home and SH-ing was the only thing that could come to my mind. I'm really scared and i don know what to do. will someone please help me. i want to die

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Want to start self harming - October 13th 2011, 12:55 AM

Sweetheart, self-harm isn't the answer. Those girls are rotten for what they did to you but you are so much better than them AND better than self-harm. Don't start self-harming. It's a vicious cycle that many people struggle with and struggle to get out of. I for one, am one of those people. It's a terrible thing to go through. Take a look at the alternatives on the self-harm thread. You can get through this. I am here if you want to talk. Feel free to PM me. I'm here for you. I believe in you. Please believe in you too. Take care of yourself. I'm here. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Want to start self harming - October 13th 2011, 01:41 AM

Hi Alyssa,

I understand things are really tough for you right now with the way those girls at school are treating you, that shouldn't be happening, but hurting your self isn't going to achieve anything positive.
The only way things will improve for you with those girls at school, is if you tell an adult about what they are doing, such as a school counselor, principal or teacher. They can't and shouldn't get away with how they are acting, you have to get the strength to speak up and tell yourself you can do something about the situation and then act upon it.
You can't let them get to you, that is what they want, they want to see you hurt, they want to see you mad, it's how they work, they don't care how much you hurt, just that you aren't standing up against them and they can do whatever they want. But if you tell someone and get help involved, things should change for the better.
If you were to go hurt yourself, that would achieve nothing to help you in this situation, they would come at you again and again and then you would go hurt yourself again and again. This would turn into something a lot worse than is necissary and you wouldn't want the consequences/effects of self harm in your life.
I can tell you from experience, that I really wish I hadn't started Self Harm, it leads to feeling ashamed of yourself, having to hide the marks, lieing to other people about what you've done or when you did it, guilt and even your relationships with people could change because once they find out, they all react differently most likely.
It becomes an addiction and a very hard cycle to break, then it becomes harder and harder to hide. The negatives of it far out way the positives of it and honestly, there are no positives in my opinion, I think with things like SH, we interpret them as good ways to cope but in reality, we are ignoring that part of us that says no you can't do that.
It isn't something you should start and I strongly recommend you look at the alternatives list and find someone to talk to about what is going on as well as using the list of alternatives.

If you ever need anything, or just want to chat, you can always PM me or VM me, let us know what happens and good luck with getting help for your situation.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Last edited by Philomath; October 13th 2011 at 02:00 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Want to start self harming - October 13th 2011, 03:56 AM

Please don't sweetie!! It won't help at all. it'll make things worse. Please don't start.You'll regret it. PM if you want. Im always here.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
Closed Thread