TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Black and White Winged Demon
Average Joe

Name: Joshie

Blood from knuckles - November 1st 2011, 03:07 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Idk if its considered self harm anymore but i have been punching wals and lockers and anything i can lay my fist into and I have like destroyed my hand and I dont wanna stop specially in the family i was born into :/

My dad said girl's love guy's with scars...wheres the girl thats loving me?
Fighting is useless because they said I am just doomed to fail
"I ripped the wings off of an angel
and sowed them on my back
I watched them turn a darkening
bleeding the colour black
I soar above the clouds on these dark angel wings
keeping an eye on tortured souls
that live this life of pain"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 2nd 2011, 02:27 AM

Hey Joshie.

Definitions of self harm vary, but in my opinion, what you've been doing does count - and even if it didn't, we're here to help not only with the action itself, but with what's causing it. This thread, 'Is this self harm?', could help answer some of your questions.

It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, and you needed an outlet. It could be helpful if you could explain why exactly you've found yourself punching things - were you angry, sad, confused? If you can understand why you do something, it's easier to stop - as I'm sure you know, this behaviour isn't the best way to deal with your feelings.

On that note, has anyone showed you the list of alternatives yet? Try some whenever you feel like punching a wall; they're much safer ways of getting your feelings out. If possible, you should get your hand checked out by a doctor, because this behaviour can be very damaging, and sometimes internal damage can be long-lasting and not obvious at first.

Also, try talking to someone about this. Tell them what you're feeling, and why. Sometimes talking things through can help you feel better, and remove the need to participate in such dangerous actions.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 9th 2011, 07:30 PM

yes, this is considered self harm. please be strong. please, i couldn't stand to hear about you hurting urself anymore. i'm crying rereading this. i will always love you. be strong.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pale Offline
Long time
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: K.

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 9th 2011, 09:06 PM

Sounds more like anger problems. But what do I know?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 9th 2011, 10:07 PM

It depends on why your doing this. If your doing it because you want to hurt yourself to feel the pain or because you think you deserve this then yes it is SH. But if your just doing it because your angry then I think Pale might be right and its just anger problems.

Whatever it is I think you just need to figure out why your doing this. And then try to solve it or talk to a friend or someone about it just so you can get it out.

Im here if you ever need to talk, PM me anytime!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
wastedtime Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Will

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 9th 2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebeyondthesurface View Post
It depends on why your doing this. If your doing it because you want to hurt yourself to feel the pain or because you think you deserve this then yes it is SH. But if your just doing it because your angry then I think Pale might be right and its just anger problems.
I agree with this. But either way I think it would help you to talk to someone you trust about this.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 10th 2011, 11:12 PM

u can talk to me, whenever. i'm here

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Blood from knuckles - November 11th 2011, 12:23 AM

I would agree that it depends on why you are doing it; are you doing it specifically to harm yourself or are you doing it to get out your anger or frustration? Either way it isn't the healthiest way to go about dealing with your anger/frustrating and talking to someone would definitely be better. Also, have you considered going for a walk or simply walking away/taking a breather when you are upset? I know this is easier said than done but when I am frustrated I just try to get myself out of the situation so that I will not do anything that I will regret.

Are there specific situations that lead you to get really angry? You mentioned your family and is there any way you can work on resolving the issues involving them? Can you try talking to them about how you are feeling? Are there any other situations that lead to high stress and high frustrations? If you can slowly work on figuring out what is leading to your frustrations you can slowly work on figuring out a resolution.

I hope this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread