TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Unhappy Trust - November 1st 2011, 11:53 PM

I've been going to counseling for about 6 months now. Ive seen two different counslers but so far I haven't felt like I could trust them with whats going on inside my heart and mind. I think its because I've been laughed at or scolded too many times. I don't know what to do but with my ex harasing me about breaking up with him my depression has only increased. I've seriously considered suicide several times. My best friend had also gone out with him but he dumped her. She refused to go back out with him and he keeps calling us sluts and whores on Facebook. We both cut and have suicidal tendencies and I don't even feel like I can trust her half the time. I'm just really lost right now and the counseling seemed like it was helping. I had gone a whole two almost three weeks without cutting but then I started worse than ever and I stopped communicating with my counsler. I've had trust issues since a young age and I'm not sure how I could possible get over them. Anybody understand?

~Death the final frontier~
_/I need a HERO!\_
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be ok you're fine

But I know it's a lie -Skillet Last Night
[How can they not see
The fake smile that has become me?]
  Send a message via Yahoo to StargazingDragon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Trust - November 2nd 2011, 12:04 AM

I understand what you're going through Ashley, I went to counseling and never ended up fully trusting him so I held a lot of things in, I don't like talking about my true feelings and stuff, its hard. So it ended up not helping THAT much.. but I still got some insight out of it.
I'm headed back this month to a new counselor..this time I'm going to try and fully open up. Its a hard thing to do, honestly I've never done it with someone face to face..not even my best friend. I hardly told her anything I was going through. It's hard trusting people, but their here to help..and I would like to get rid of all this shit..wouldn't you? They can't tell anyone anything you say, unless their afraid you will horribly harm yourself once you leave, and they are there to listen and support.
The only thing you can do is take a leap and talk to someone.
Find a counselor you feel safe and comfortable with.
I hope you can get through this, also have you considered getting an anti depressant? Best of luck!
PM me anytime if you want to talk my dear
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Re: Trust - November 2nd 2011, 07:59 PM

No anti-depressents I won't even take pain pills or sleeping pills. Something about meds just freaks me out. I think that it might be that I feel out of controll on meds, like I'm being forced to feel a certain way. I've never fully trusted any of my friends either. People are too quick to make judgements even when they know little of what they are talking about. Hope this new counsler works out for you.

~Death the final frontier~
_/I need a HERO!\_
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be ok you're fine

But I know it's a lie -Skillet Last Night
[How can they not see
The fake smile that has become me?]
  Send a message via Yahoo to StargazingDragon  
Closed Thread