TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

How to deal?? - November 6th 2011, 11:40 PM

Okay well I wasn't sure where this exactly fit.

So basically on friday I got into a car accident. Nothing big I just rear ended this guy. It kinda cracked the side of my bumper. And took off some paint from his car. He said we don't have to report it and I said are you sure. And he said yes. Well anyways I am like freaking out cause I driven since then. And what if he got my license down and reported it as a hit and run?? I never told my mom either because I got into and accident like 3 months ago and almost got my license taken away. So I haven't said anything to her and kinda hid my car. If she asks I am just going to act like I have no idea what happened. But anyways this is what triggered my SH on Friday(Other stuff too but this put me over the edge). And whenever I think of the accident or even driving I just want to SH. I don't know what to do or how I should deal with this because I am going to have to drive to school tomorrow. The thought is just stressing me out of like what if I get pulled over and the cops say I had a hit and run. And then my mom will find out and it will just make everything worse. The only thing that keeps me from thinking about the accident is SH. But I need to deal with this but how??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: How to deal?? - November 7th 2011, 09:09 AM

Hi Hannah,

I think you should talk to your mom and let her know what happened. What is stopping you from telling her that you got into an accident? If you are worried she will be upset you got into an accident again, you may have to face that.
Also, I could be wrong about this, but if you were reported to the police by that guy for a hit and run, they would have most likely have talked with you by now. So, most likely, you aren't at this moment in any trouble with the police and in danger of getting your license taken away.
If you talk to your mom, she can probably help you fix your car, sure, you might be in trouble with her for another accident, but that's better than trying to hide what happened from her and her finding out on her own.
Also, if you need any alternatives, the alternatives thread is very helpful.
If you ever need anything, you can PM me and I will be glad to help.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread