TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
idamareex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ida

How can i stop self harming? - November 7th 2011, 10:37 PM

I just recently started self harming again and I feel so ashamed of myself doing so but it was the only thing that could help me right now , temporarily ofcourse.

But I don't know what to do anymore ! I mean my parents are seperated and my mom don't want any contact with me and has left me to my dad and it hurts so much , i mean i was there to help her to support her all the time and now she is just gonna leave me ? i should have known from the start what a selfish bitch she truly was . But isn't there anything that could help me ? I mean im just so tired of this .
And even when im not cutting the thoughts are still there , just thinking about how good it would feel right then but i try not to resist but it isn't easy

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: How can i stop self harming? - November 7th 2011, 10:56 PM

Yeahh I completely understand your whole family thing. And thats a really tough situation. But sh is just ignoring the problem and how you feel.

To stop sh you have to really want to stop. It can be hard but you came to a site where a lot of people understand what you going through. Here is a list of alternatives that have actually really helped me.

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Its all about finding different coping techniques that work for you. Try a few because some might not work for you. The thing that helps me the most is writing and blasting music.

I am here if you ever need to talk you can send me a message anytime!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: How can i stop self harming? - November 8th 2011, 09:25 PM

Hi there.

Firstly, well done for coming here to Teenhelp and posting this. That's a really positive step in the right direction and I'm really glad that you are reaching out for some help and looking for advice and support.

I am sorry about your family situation. I can relate to break downs in the family and I know how hard it can be to deal with. I'm also sorry that as the situation stands right now, your mum doesn't want to talk to you. That must be really horrible for you to have to cope with. She shouldn't be treating you this way and I don't think its fair on you at all.

Hannah is right. To stop self harming, you really have to want to stop because if you don't, you're not going to motivated and to stop you need to be motivated more than ever. This is going to be hard and it's going to take a lot of effort and hard work but that doesn't mean you can't do it, it's just going to be a fight to get there. It's not going to be easy and there will be times where you feel you can't cope any more and you get urges and want to hurt yourself but you have to keep your mind focus and keep on fighting it.

I want to encourage you to take a good look at the alternatives to self harm which have previously been sent to you. Not everything on there is going to work for you and it is all about trial and error and finding the ones which do help you. Don't give up if you come across something which doesn't help, keep on trying.

I know it's hard but you ARE worth more than self harm. You never ever have to be alone in this so feel free to message me any time. Remember to reach out for help too. People can help you get through this but they can only do so if they know what's going on for you right now.

Stay strong and take care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread