TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
I've been here a while

Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 26th 2011, 12:54 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I never thought things would get this bad. I have marks all over the tops of my legs now. It hurts so badly. I thought things would be okay since I have managed somehow to not cut myself for three days, and then I found a pair of scissors, and couldn't help myself. I feel like I'm getting addicted to it, and don't know what to do. I can't help it. I'm not strong enough. It's starting to take over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 27th 2011, 03:27 AM

I cut myself again today. I don't even see why I try to stop. I'm not dead yet, and I just can't give it up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
こはる ちゃん

I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 27th 2011, 04:43 AM

Ask yourself these questions: Why am I cutting myself? Do I deserve to feel this pain? What am I accomplishing by causing my body harm?

I understand that people cut to relieve stress or vent and whatnot, but I myself don't understand how it could possibly help you. Think about it this way: You're already suffering, or else you wouldn't be cutting. So, why suffer more by inflicting harm upon yourself? It doesn't help the pain go away, it only brings on more pain.

Though you may sleep through half the day,
I know I'm in your heart even as you snore away.
I love my big sleepy bear.
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 ------------I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 27th 2011, 06:33 AM

It helps me to deal with guilt that I have had building up for ten years. It helps me to take my mind off of it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
grae96 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Grae

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 27th 2011, 11:48 AM

Don't give up hope, it will get better. I also cut, and I have for almost a year now, so i can relate to so of the realeases you can get from it.. you should be proud that you made it 3 days! That's amazing! Also, have you told your parents? Talked to a counselor? Those were the first few steps before I could actually think I could stop and now I've been 9 days. If you need someone to talk to you can always pm me(;
  Send a message via Skype™ to grae96 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 27th 2011, 05:38 PM

3 days is a great accomplishment! Soon you will be able to go a week and maybe a month! Don't give up hope, you can do it, I believe in you. Stay Strong and Positive! Try to find other things to help you cope, for example blast music and have a dance party in your room or write. Do something that will keep you busy and distracted.

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. "

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
こはる ちゃん

I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 28th 2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly2014 View Post
It helps me to deal with guilt that I have had building up for ten years. It helps me to take my mind off of it.
What did you do that was so bad you feel you have to inflict bodily harm? Whatever you did in the past that made you feel guilty, it's in the past. As you said, 10 whole years in the past. I understand very well that the past hurts, believe me. I went through a horrible dark time for years, and I thought I'd never get out. But it's over now, so why make yourself hurt more? Cutting really isn't the answer.

Though you may sleep through half the day,
I know I'm in your heart even as you snore away.
I love my big sleepy bear.
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 ------------I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ally_Georgiiie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ally Georgina

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 28th 2011, 05:58 PM

Hello butterfly,
I know its hard to struggle with self harm. I know you think you'll do it once and then be done with it, but it's like smoking really. I think that what you need to do is ask yourself what the reason is that you need the escape your mind and guilt. Then when you find out do everything you can to get that problem solved. If you have problems doing that, maybe you can go see a psychologist, or school counselor. Either way I also think that it would be responsible to tell a close friend who will first of all not tell other people, and secondly help you through it all. Maybe telling a growen up wouldn't hurt either. Just to be safe.
I hope I've been a help, you can allways pm if you need to.
Chin up, Ally

who fights may eventually lose, but who doesn't even fight has allready lost.

My PM box is open 24/7 for everyone.
Stay strong,Ally Georgina xx
  Send a message via MSN to Ally_Georgiiie  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Never thought it would get this bad.. - November 28th 2011, 07:35 PM

Thanks everyone. My best friend knows about it so she tries to encourage me. My parents wouldn't care if they did know. I'm trying to stay strong though.

Closed Thread