TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhoAmI? Offline
Not a n00b

Important (to me) Question - November 29th 2011, 02:54 AM

I have to go to my orthopedic doctor for a femur and knee checkup. Also, I have to get a wisdom tooth taken out and they put you to sleep with an IV through your arm. I have cuts and burns on said femur and arm and was wondering if child services or anything like that could get involved? What exactly would the doctor do? I'm 16 and live in the U.S.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Staff On Leave

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Important (to me) Question - November 29th 2011, 02:57 AM

I think he will ask where they came from. But yes, In a case like that the doctor could report that to DCFS. However its more likely that he will ask first.

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Leah-Marie Offline
Lonely-again
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: Important (to me) Question - December 4th 2011, 01:38 AM

Technically at 16 they shouldn't have to report it. They can, but if it's self injury they should probably just try to determine if you need treatment for depression or another similar mental illness. Here they can't even tell your parents if you're over 16, but I don't know the laws in the United States.
  Send a message via AIM to Leah-Marie Send a message via MSN to Leah-Marie Send a message via Skype™ to Leah-Marie 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Important (to me) Question - December 4th 2011, 01:50 AM

Hi There,

In the United States they seek help for you until you are 18 years old. That is for mostly everywhere in the US. They can also put you under Chapter 123 Section 12. Meaning, They will take you to the hospital against you will. I think they can make you take medication. I might be wrong. I know that they can do it. But, they would have to prove that you are unable to think rationally and get a court order.

Bottom line I think they CAN break confidentiality and he may be required to by law.

If you have any questions or need to talk please do not hesitate to PM me!

I hope this helped!

Take Care,

AbusedandIgnored

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Important (to me) Question - December 4th 2011, 01:55 AM

here is the thing, seeing this is them knowing there is a family problem. You can report anonymously to DCF. I'm pretty sure my doctor did when I was younger. I didn't have any marks or anything she just knew. It was crazy I don'y know if someone tipped her off on the fact that I was having major problems at home. But she is only did it to try and help me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Important (to me) Question - December 4th 2011, 01:57 AM

I will also add that when I was in high school and donated blood you can clearly see my scars. Which were old. They never asked me. However, when I was at the health department and they pulled blood they did question me and I told them tha tI had a lot of stuff happen. Of course, this was years after I stopped.

Closed Thread