TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Exclamation Addicted - November 29th 2011, 02:07 PM

I hadn't realized I was addicted to cutting untill recently. I have been trying to quite at least for a little whilte to make my mom think that I stopped but it's all i can think about for most of the day. Does anyone know any methods on how to forget about that urge?

~Death the final frontier~
_/I need a HERO!\_
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be ok you're fine

But I know it's a lie -Skillet Last Night
[How can they not see
The fake smile that has become me?]
  Send a message via Yahoo to StargazingDragon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Addicted - November 29th 2011, 03:27 PM

Hi There,

I don't know that there is a way to forget about urges I know there are ways to deal with the urges in a positive way. Some examples would be watching a funny show on TV or funny videos on the internet. I understand how hard it can be to try to get through the urge with out Self Harming. If you would like some website that can give you some ideas on how deal with the urges in a positive way please PM me and I will get them to you.

Take Care,

AbusedandIgnored

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Addicted - November 30th 2011, 12:10 AM

Have you looked at this Alternatives to Self Harm thread? If not, I suggest you take a look. Not everything on the list will help, but some may, so it's really about trial and error to figure out what works for you. I even printed out the list so I can have it on hand when I get triggered.

Remember, every time you resist an urge, even a small one, it makes you stronger. Good luck beating this, and stay strong <3

"Sing. Dance. You are the only audience who cares how well." -Robert Fulghum

"We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken." -John Green

"Even in the darkness every color can be found." -Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Tumblr

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Merpop. Offline
Under the sea...

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: Addicted - November 30th 2011, 01:55 AM

Have you tried to look at any of the alternatives that have been listed? The urges may always be with you, but it is all about trying to deal with these urges in a positive way that won't harm you. Not every alternative works for everybody but there will be one that works for you. Also, try keeping a journal of when you have the urges to see if you can pinpoint what exactly is giving you the urges and try to see what you can do to solve the problems if they ever come up in the future. You are strong, I think you can beat the urges.

Come with me
And you'll be
In a
World of
Pure imagination

Send a message via AIM to Merpop. Send a message via MSN to Merpop. Send a message via Yahoo to Merpop.  
Closed Thread