TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
haleykw2015 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I can't handle it - December 4th 2011, 11:07 PM

I cut all the time. I can't handle the pain i deal with everyday so i just do this. I've tried soo soo hard to stop but i just can't! I really don't know what to do anymore and when i try to explain it to people they just it's for 'attention' well they'll think that when i end up dead b/c i can't handle this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuckles Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't handle it - December 5th 2011, 12:33 AM

I know what you mean. But while I ethically can't tell you to stop (due to the hypocrisy that'd involve) I can recommend some of the ways others have overcome cutting. One way is to use a red pen instead of cutting yourself, that way you make your mark but you do no damage and you can wash off the marks as opposed to hiding them. Another method involves drawing something in places you normallycut (most people draw butterflies) and naming the drawing after a loved one, this way you're less inclined to cut there as you'd be hurting a loved one. However if you really feel that the pain is too much I recommend talking to professionals such as the Samaritans, they provide free guidance and a sympathetic ear. And best of all you can keep it anonymous if you are afraid of what they may say or do, you can visit them in various locations or phone/e-mail them. I hope you try one of these and they help, even if only a little bit.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always Smile Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't handle it - December 5th 2011, 11:12 PM

Take a look at the Alternatives of Self Harm, here in Teenhelp.
One tip that helps me a lot is to draw in the place you want to cut, give it a try

Closed Thread