TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
7shay7 Offline
shaylee
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shaylee

GETTING WORSE - December 11th 2011, 01:25 AM

i Cut on and off a little in eight grade but they were never to bad. 9th grade started and my depression got really bad. i started cutting again, much more often and much worse. i know i should stop... but its the obly thing that actually makes me feel better

No one knows about it and i plan to keep it that way. Ive had a few people ask, i just lied about it and they believed me. a part of me wishes they hadnt

another thing that really bugs is when people talk about cutting. they talk about how weird and crazy those people must me. how its so horrible and they dont understand why anyone would do that. then theres me just sitting there in awkward silence....i just... HELP?

Last edited by Palmolive; December 11th 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bookishnerd Offline
bookishnerd
Not a n00b

Name: Mary

Re: GETTING WORSE - December 11th 2011, 01:41 AM

Try talking to a close friend about it. After I told my best friend, I learned that she did the same. Please reach out to someone. It does help, and others are more supportive than you may think. Although my family doesn't know about my cutting, they know about my depression and are helping me get help.
  Send a message via Skype™ to bookishnerd 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
7shay7 Offline
shaylee
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GETTING WORSE - December 11th 2011, 01:56 AM

i wish i could...but i dont think any of my friends would understand. They would just think im crazy, stupid, or trying to get attention

<3 I just wanna believe in me <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
aqha Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddi

Re: GETTING WORSE - December 11th 2011, 04:52 AM

I agree that you should talk to someone but if you don't think a friend would help you I would go to a teacher or even talk to your doctor. But try to tell someone since you shouldn't hide this inside. You will feel better once you get help.

Please feel free to message me if you need to.

“Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”
C.S. Lewis

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible
sanity". -Edgar Allen Poe-

"I can be intoxicated with beauty and lose my sadness."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
  Send a message via AIM to aqha  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: GETTING WORSE - December 11th 2011, 07:56 PM

Hi there.

I am really sorry that you are going through this right now, you don't deserve to hurt so much inside that you feel the need to inflict physical pain upon yourself.

Unfortunately there is a lot of stigma against self harm. Although part of me has wondered how much of this especially in schools is peer pressure. I often believe that if this is a discussion in school and a few people stand up and say yeah its stupid, its only what crazy people do and they're just seeking attention, whether actually, others go along with it or just don't say anything. I think you would find there are a hell of a lot of people who don't actually think that. Talking to a friend might really help and truth be told, if they reacted in the way you're thinking they would then they are not a friend. Friends support each other through things like this, they wouldn't act that way against you.

Saying that, friends can only listen, just like teachers. These people are great to talk to and if all you want is someone to rant to then I encourage you to talk to them. But if you feel you need more help and need someone to help you really beat this and more support, you might find it more helpful to see your doctor and even consider counseling. I know that's scary but these people can help you.and you never, ever have to be alone. You're not alone, don't suffer in pain by yourself.

You're worth so much more than self harm. Even though it feels like hurting yourself in the moment helps, I bet it doesn't last long, and it's damaging your body and its not going to solve the underlying issues behind your self harm and truth be told, it's just not worth it, at all. You can beat this, you're so much stronger than self harm.

I hope this helps. Take care,
Jessie x

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
7shay7 Offline
shaylee
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GETTING WORSE - December 14th 2011, 12:11 AM

Ive realized that i dont have very good friends.... that only makes the situation worse. i have probably one really good friend who would help me but im to scared to tell her! i HATE my doctor! she always makes me feel worse...

<3 I just wanna believe in me <3

Closed Thread