TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Confused girl - December 15th 2011, 12:20 AM

Having urges to cut. It seem like the only thing that makes all my pain go away. My day would be less confusing if I just took some glass in my hand and cut and to see that blood coming out.... My day seem confusing.....my week has.....my life is too. I've been stressed out and everyday it get worst........The pain in my ankle make the urges less strong..... But today it's not enough...

I love you<3 I'm here for you!! PM me or VM me for anything you need!!!STAY STRONG!
TUMBLR<3 follow me

Last edited by Palmolive; December 15th 2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Counted Heart. Offline
Sweeter philosophy.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Confused girl - December 15th 2011, 10:24 AM

Hey there, M.

I know urges aren't fun. I've been there, done that. I've found ways to overcome the urges, though - and so can you. Have you seen our list of alternatives? Some could help you feel less stressed, such as having a bubble bath or a massage, while some could help you sort through all the confusing feelings, like writing a letter or calling a hotline.

Right now self harm might seem like the best way to deal with things, but I think you know that, in the long term, it's really not. Life is confusing sometimes; that's just how it is. You just have to make the most of it, and deal with it as best you can - which doesn't involve taking it out on yourself.

One thing I like to do when I'm triggered is to find another kind of pain - not by hurting myself, but by, say, doing some stretches or push-ups. You can feel the muscles pull, and it's like pain, but it's more constructive. There are other ways to make the pain and confusion inside you go away, and I know you can find some.

Take care, and good luck.

let no science fix our path
if only numbers make its math.
🎕

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Confused girl - December 15th 2011, 03:11 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now that you fele self harm helps you and is something you want to do.

I want to start by encouraging you to take a look at the link which has previously been sent to you with a list of alternatives to self harm. Do you ever try distracting yourself? I know that it might seem pointless and I am not going tell you that you distracting yourself is going to make all of the problems go away because it isn't, but distracting yourself can help you get through those moments where you want nothing more than to feel the pain but in order for these to help, you have to try, really try even though it might be hard at first. It's all about trial and error. When something doesn't help you, don't give up, keep on trying others.

I don't know if there is something going on for you right now or something which has happened in the past which is making you feel this way but if there is something and you want to talk to us about it then you're more than welcome to do so. We're here for you and we will try to help you get through this as best as we can.

I just want you to know that you ARE worth more than self harm and you can, no matter how hard it seems at times, beat it and live a life self harm free. You and I both know that you hurting yourself doesn't help the underlying issues but it could ultimately make your situation worse. You are important and you don't deserve the pain you are inflicting upon yourself. I know it's hard but you are in control of what you do. Your actions are your responsabilty. Only you can stop yourself. So keep on fighting this and don't give up, you can beat it and you can get past it.

I hope this helps a little.
Take care of yourself.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread