TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nobody97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gabrylle

Unhappy please help me. - January 2nd 2012, 03:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A week ago, after I noticed cuts on my sisters arm, I talked to her and she promised me she would never do it again. Then today, my family got in an arguement. Afterwards, I found my sister in my bedroom cutting herself. She broke her promise and my heart just dropped. I've never felt this kind of emotional pain in my life. My sister and I are extremely close and the thought of her hurting herself is unbearable. I also used to cut two years ago. I only did it twice and I stopped. My cuts weren't anything compared to what I saw on her arm today. I dont know what to do. I cant handle this. please help me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: please help me. - January 2nd 2012, 04:16 AM

I'm so sorry that you had to find out that she cut again in that way. For most people when they cut its to deal with something bad going on. A release. I know you might not want to do this, but i would tell your parents. If your sister is cutting to deal with her emotions, she needs your parents to know. It's not safe for no one to know. Your sister needs another release. A safe and healthy one.
If you have any questions you can PM me.
I hope that your sister will get better.
Best wishes. <3

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
13reasonswhy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Cassidy

Re: please help me. - January 2nd 2012, 04:17 AM

Do you guys go to the same school? If you do, go to a school counselor about it. If not, tell your parents about it. I know it will be hard, and she will probably be pissed off at you for awhile, but in the long run, telling someone is all worth it. Your sister can't do this by herself. And sadly, you can't help her by yourself either. She needs professional help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Re: please help me. - January 2nd 2012, 06:01 AM

Hey Im sorry that you had to find out that way. But know for some people cutting is a addiction more or less. Cause they dont know any other way to deal with things so maybe show her the Alternatives to Self Harm and if you see none of those things help her then tell you parents. I can tell you from experine that you can try to hold promises with Self harm but when you see them break it all you can do is tell her your there for her and you care for her and you understand what she going through and hopefully the list will help. Cause if it didnt then yes you should tell a adult that you and her trust. and she might mad but shell will forgive you

if you need anything else just pm or vm me

I love you<3 I'm here for you!! PM me or VM me for anything you need!!!STAY STRONG!
TUMBLR<3 follow me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: please help me. - January 2nd 2012, 02:33 PM

Hi There!

I am sorry that this is happening. Its sounds like your sister needs a person to come too and talk about what shes feeling but in order for that to happen you have to assure her that you are always there for her and that you will not judge her in anyway. She needs someone to look out for her right now because its sounds like she is really struggling.

Here are somethings I would recommend that you do...

1) Tell her that you care, let her know that you are there if she needs to talk.
2) Try to do things together when possible
3) Make sure that she knows shes not alone in this.

Its understandable that you get upset when you hear or see that she has hurt herself but if you show that you are upset or get upset with her she will not talk to you anymore. You need to remain calm while talking to her.

I agree with what was previously said if you can't help her meaning if she is getting worse than you need to tell an adult or call 911. She will be mad but in the end she will thank you for looking out for her.

I hope your sister is okay!

If you need anything please don't hesitate to PM me!

Good Luck,

BlaineG.

Closed Thread