TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alexis Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis

Question lost with a razor - January 12th 2012, 10:50 PM

i have a cutting problem and my mum told my therapist but my mum won't buy me any long-sleeved tops. tomarrow i am going to a co-op which are classes for home-schooled kids if you were wondering. i will be in a short-sleeved top with cuts covering my arms and i am really scared what people will say or think or even do. i am new so i am just starting to fit in so I'm scared out of my mine, which just makes me want to cut more. please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Danielle

Re: lost with a razor - January 12th 2012, 11:33 PM

You could try to put foundation on the scars and if you have healing cuts put band aids on them and try to cover them up with foundation as well.
Or if you have some tights/pantyhose that you don't mind cutting you could cut them to fit on your arms to try and hide your cuts/scars.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: lost with a razor - January 12th 2012, 11:50 PM

Hi There,

Why won't your mom buy you any long sleeved shirts? I am sorry that this is happening too you.

Please know that you are always welcome to PM me if you need to talk.

Take Care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Alexis Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost with a razor - January 13th 2012, 12:04 AM

my mum wont buy them for me because she says that if she did i wouldn't even consider stopping and none of my makeup will cover up my cuts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: lost with a razor - January 13th 2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_girl_4ever View Post
You could try to put foundation on the scars and if you have healing cuts put band aids on them and try to cover them up with foundation as well.
Or if you have some tights/pantyhose that you don't mind cutting you could cut them to fit on your arms to try and hide your cuts/scars.
I'd be really careful about putting foundation on healing cuts. Sometimes it can infect them or slow down the healing process. It's fine for scars but if the wounds are still a bit scabby I really wouldn't. Bandaids work well, I usually use ones that are a little larger than normal so they can cover more than one cut if they're close together. If you have arm-warmer type things (I'm not sure exactly what they're called) you would wear those as well. Good luck!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: lost with a razor - January 13th 2012, 04:02 PM

Im sorry your mother is being so ridiculous right now. Maybe she will come to her senses soon. Im sorry that you felt the need to cut. And if people are even worth it, they wont care what your arms look like. So you should just ignore them if they are rude and even mention it. take care, hun
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Alexis Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost with a razor - January 13th 2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colors Leave Me Blind View Post
Im sorry your mother is being so ridiculous right now. Maybe she will come to her senses soon. Im sorry that you felt the need to cut. And if people are even worth it, they wont care what your arms look like. So you should just ignore them if they are rude and even mention it. take care, hun
thank you only 1 of the people there commented and that person already knew. many people gave me the cold shoulder and a few looked at me disgusted. i am giving the butterfly project a chance and using bright colors so a lot of people didn't really notice them. but i have so many things to go to and i have tee-shirt uniforms and i practically live in tees and jeans, so i need ways to hide them cause the 3 people who knew about my "problem" just looked at my arms and like i said only 1 person commented. but i was caught scratching myself by a friends mom who knew (and so did her daughter) and she just looked at me like 'really that is what you do, i thought it was like a little cut once in a blue moon' so that was hard. and i am scared to show my arms especially at church I'm afraid people will judge me so i really need to know how to hide them. OK i probably bored you all if u even read this thank you but i will shut up now.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: lost with a razor - January 16th 2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Marie View Post
and i am scared to show my arms especially at church I'm afraid people will judge me so i really need to know how to hide them. OK i probably bored you all if u even read this thank you but i will shut up now.
Okay firstly, the last part about us being bored, don't think that about people on here. Everyone here knows what it feels like to want someone to listen to you and be there for you. So we'll always be here to listen to each other and be there to support each other whenever needed.
Secondly, about being judged, what I think about my scars is that I come with them. Having a not so good past that has left me scarred forever mentally. And having scars on my body just put those mental scars in front for everyone to see. If they judge me, then it is their problem. If they can't accept me with those scars, its their problem not mine. I come with them, take it or leave it. If someone judges me on them, then that person is surely not worth my time. And if someone accepts me even after seeing the scars, then really, I think it'll make it easier to know who is genuine person and will make a good friend. That is how I look at it in a positive way.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: lost with a razor - January 16th 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Marie View Post
and i am scared to show my arms especially at church I'm afraid people will judge me so i really need to know how to hide them. OK i probably bored you all if u even read this thank you but i will shut up now.
Okay firstly, the last part about us being bored, don't think that about people on here. Everyone here knows what it feels like to want someone to listen to you and be there for you. So we'll always be here to listen to each other and be there to support each other whenever needed.
Secondly, about being judged, what I think about my scars is that I come with them. Having a not so good past that has left me scarred forever mentally. And having scars on my body just put those mental scars in front for everyone to see. If they judge me, then it is their problem. If they can't accept me with those scars, its their problem not mine. I come with them, take it or leave it. If someone judges me on them, then that person is surely not worth my time. And if someone accepts me even after seeing the scars, then really, I think it'll make it easier to know who is genuine person and will make a good friend. That is how I look at it in a positive way. I hope that helps. Stay strong <3

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: lost with a razor - January 16th 2012, 03:35 PM

you could always cover them up with bracelets and 3quarter length tops or wear a jumper over the top. or you could buy a jumper or a long sleeved top yourself.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: lost with a razor - January 16th 2012, 03:39 PM

I don't think putting on make-up, foundation and all wouldn't help. It can infect your scars, as someone mentioned above. You can try some bracelets and all I guess. I'm sorry that your mum isn't allowing you to wear long-sleeved shirts. I think she should. Try convincing her once more?
Or don't bother yourself if other people misjudge you because of your scars. It's totally their issue. Be positive! Stay strong and take care! xx

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Alexis Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: lost with a razor - January 25th 2012, 08:18 PM

thank you everyone

Closed Thread