TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

My brothers friend - January 20th 2012, 05:42 PM

I know this is more than likely in the wrong spot. I wasn't sure if it'd fit under family or self harm. My brother has a female friend who was into self harm. My brother was going to have a nice talk with the female friend who was having the problems. Well needless to say her mom found out and now is sending my brother messages about not having any conact with this girl.

The message said:
hey this is ****** i am ****** mother u leave my daughter alone this is your first and last warning this cutting nonsense is going to cease i want no further contact between the two of you am i understood

My brother is all up in arms unsure what to do. He wrote back to the girls mom and said he was only there to help the girl. He wants to help this girl, mainly because he actually cares about her. So what would be the best thing to do in this particular situation. Yes I know my brother's still in Middle School and should listen to the girls mom.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: My brothers friend - January 20th 2012, 06:36 PM

Hi There,

I dont know the details but if this girl is only comfortable talking with him then I think that he should talk to her off the phone maybe on AIM and delete the logs after or meet up with her if possible. The most important thing is to make sure she has someone to talk to and to make sure sure she is safe.

Good Luck.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: My brothers friend - January 20th 2012, 07:03 PM

He tried that last weekend meeting up with her at the library and her mom freaked out.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: My brothers friend - January 24th 2012, 10:44 AM

Maybe your brother is not the right person to explain it to her mom? A counselor or any other professional might be better trained to explain to her about this.
At your brother's level he can chat with her mom and explain to her that it is not a freakish thing by maybe giving her links to a site that tells about myths of Self Harm and what to do in case someone you know does it. There are many articles available on this on the internet. He can try showing them to her and explain that what she needs right now is help.
I hope I helped

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread