TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alexis Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexis

Unhappy need help please - January 25th 2012, 08:14 PM

my mom thinks i haven't cut for a week but i cut myself today and yesterday and a lot. i have been trying to stop so i hate to break it to her that i still am cutting. i have no clue on what to say to her or my friends who figured out what i do does anyone have any ideas on how to stop so i don't have to tell them?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: need help please - January 25th 2012, 08:26 PM

You should tell your mom. She doesn't want you to cut for a reason, and maybe she can help you to stop.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: need help please - January 25th 2012, 08:54 PM

Hey, perhaps you should give the Self-Harm Alternatives Thread a try.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
she dreams of love.
Outside, huh?

Name: Jessie

Re: need help please - January 25th 2012, 09:11 PM

Hi there.

I can understand why you're worried about telling your mum. But she cares about you. I feel sure she will want to help you get through this and make sure she can support you when/if you need her support. You don't have to be alone in this. I don't know why you're self harming, how bad it is or how long it has been going on for but for some people getting professional help can be beneficial. Of course that isn't going to help every single person because different things helps different people but it is an option if that is what you want. Your mum could try and help you get support if you want it so talking to people and being honest with them can be a good thing even thought it can be scary to do so.

I want to encourage you to take a look at the list of alternatives which you have already been sent the link to. Not everything is going to help and it is all about trial and error so don't give up on everything when you come across ones which don't seem to help you. Keep on trying new things. Keep your self distracted and your mind focused on something else. It can really help. Just remember that alternatives are going to help you in the moment which is great but if you feel there is a more serious underlying problem triggering the urges and making you want to hurt yourself then you need to find a way to sort those issues out to prevent the urges whether that's by talking to people or something else.

I hope this helps. You can beat this so keep on trying.

Jessie x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: need help please - January 26th 2012, 03:53 AM

I think you will have to tell mom regardless=( See, putting an end to cutting, its not an overnight ordeal. You don't read something and know instantly what to do and are able to do it like that *snaps fingers*. It takes a lot of time and you do need help with it. Its not something you do all on your own. And it would be beneficial to you to get an adult's help as well. It will be okay, I promise. Worst case, your mom gets mad. Then what? She won't stay mad forever. Like the poster above me says, she cares about you. In the end, it comes down to her wanting the very best for you. And the very best is getting you some help so that you are better.

Closed Thread