TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 29th 2012, 10:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Everytime I do something wrong I cut my wrist. I hate myself most of the time. I was doing so well. Then I go at it agian. Last time was REALLY bad. There was a lot of blood and I got dizzy. I've got a boyfriend and most of my friends know about it. They dont approve but they dont try to stop me at all. Same with my parents. They do as little as possible to help and we dont speak about it. Ever. My sister is a bully. She is younger but she never seems to stop. At school kids whisper and stare. Some even throw things at me. It never seems to stop and it hurts so much. I want to stop but I don't at the same time. I need to stop but I can't. I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. They say its why i dont sleep and why I'm supposedly depressed. They want to give me meds and pretend its all ok. I've been pretending for soo long. I'm soo tired. I dont know what to do.

~Death the final frontier~
_/I need a HERO!\_
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be ok you're fine

But I know it's a lie -Skillet Last Night
[How can they not see
The fake smile that has become me?]
  Send a message via Yahoo to StargazingDragon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
louiseeyam Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louise

Re: I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 29th 2012, 11:01 PM

have you ever tried the butterfly project?when you feel the need to cut,draw a butterfly on your wrist & name it after someone close to you. you can't wash it off,you let it fade itself.i find it motivates me not to cut.try it,you never know!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 29th 2012, 11:02 PM

Hey there,

First of all, it is good that you have admitted that you have a problem and do want to stop. That is always the first step toward recovering from this. You can beat this with some effort, and we will all be here backing you up through the process as much as we can.
Have you looked at any of these alternatives? There are so many here that when you get the urge, you can try them out and see what works best for you. Of course, not every alternative works for every person, but there definitely is something for everyone.
Have you considered talking to someone about this? While the meds may help a bit, without getting to the root of your problems, not much can be accomplished. Whether it is a therapist, guidance counselor, or other professional, it is a good idea that you get this out. You don't have to deal with this alone. There are so many people ready to help you through this.
Just remember that you ARE strong and you CAN beat this. It may seem tough now, but you can get through this.

-Dez

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley

Re: I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 29th 2012, 11:28 PM

Actually I have tried the butterfly project. I ended up letting them fade and cut after they faded. Also I've tried alternatives but nothing works like the cutting. I write, draw, listen to music. It just isnt enough. Thank you for trying.

~Death the final frontier~
_/I need a HERO!\_
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be ok you're fine

But I know it's a lie -Skillet Last Night
[How can they not see
The fake smile that has become me?]
  Send a message via Yahoo to StargazingDragon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 29th 2012, 11:34 PM

Hey there. I'm sorry that your parents don't seem to be doing anything as such to help you. Do you know why this is? If not perhaps you could sit down with them and tell them how you feel? It might be something like they don't know how to help you or are afraid of making you feel worse and therefore they believe it's best to leave you to manage it on your own. You could suggest to them how you would like to help you if that were the case. If you feel like you're being bullied in school then i highly suggest that you try talking to a teacher about it. Most school's have anti-bullying policies and will be able to find ways to help they bullying stop. Medication can help some people which is obviously why it is used. Who has spoken to you about medication? Do you have any support like counceling? I believe therapy should in most cases be the first point of action taken and should still be used while a person is on medication so that it isn't just being a cover up but so that it also helps you deal with any underlying issues and ways for you to cope with the anxiety and how you are feeling. It might also be good for you so that you can learn new distractions etc. But what would go on in those sessions would also require you putting them into action every day. You'll have to work with people. Ultimately you're in control of your actions. The only person who can stop you from self harming is yourself. I know at times it's hard when you have the urges but you can do it. Use distractions and self positive talk. I hope this helps. Take home care. Jessie x

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I want/need to stop. PLEASE HELP - January 30th 2012, 12:15 AM

Yeah I agree with the posters before me. Im glad people know you are doing this, but you should prob talk to them again and get into how serious its been getting. As for everything else, I think you should start seeing a therapist and talk to them about it. I think they of all people will be the ones that will get you the help you need. I would go to the school one maybe and if that doesn't work or isn't enough help, tell your parents that they can help you by getting you a therapist to visit with once a week. I think that would end up doing you a ton of good. Say strong!=( And also keep trying to distract yourself. Don't give up with that. It takes time for even those things to help people.

Closed Thread