TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jessi15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy self harming again... - February 12th 2012, 10:38 PM

hi i'm Jessica/Jessi i'm 15 and i'm a self-harmer...i have been self harming since i was around 9.It started out with just scratching myself,biting myself and pinching myself (which i still do) then when i was about 11 i started getting made fun of because i was ''fat'' so i started making myself sick and starving myself a good bit right around that time i also started cutting myself and burning myself with basically boiling water and candles. this all started because i was and still am made fun of..i believe that i'm fat,ugly ect. cause i have heard it since i was pretty young it just all really starting to get to me when i was around 9...i stopped self harming last year for about 6 months then the bullying started again not just in person but cyber bullying to...i started doing everything again and its like this time i cant stop no matter how hard i try to i'm cutting more than i ever have before...my boyfriend is trying to help me with everything but it never really works...help please Ps.sorry for my bad spelling and grammar..oh i forgot to say i have tried to kill myself to

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: self harming again... - February 12th 2012, 11:05 PM

Hey,

I'm really sorry for what you've been going through! Please don't believe the people who call you "fat, ugly, etc." because it's not true. People can just be mean sometimes because they are insecure of themselves.

I know how hard it is to be able to stop self-harming and everything else, most people cannot do it without help. Have you ever talked to a counselor or another adult? If not, I think that would be a good option, that way you can work through everything you've been going through!

Please hang in there! You can get through this! If you ever want to talk to somebody, I'm here! Just send me a private message!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
kalinisfunnyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: self harming again... - February 12th 2012, 11:11 PM

i feel the same

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jessi15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: self harming again... - February 12th 2012, 11:28 PM

i have not talked to anyone about it...my boyfriend knows and my best friend knows..my mom found out i cut but all she made me do was promise i wouldnt do it again(i broke that promise)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: self harming again... - February 13th 2012, 03:15 AM

Yeah, quitting something like that is really tough. Would it be possible to tell your mother about it, since she knew that you were doing it before? Getting help would be a great step at getting over this. Your boyfriend and best friend can be there to support you and help you to the best of their ability, but they aren't a professional who can actually help you work through and overcome this problem! I really think that would be benefical to you at this point in time!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

Closed Thread