TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

I'm fine - February 16th 2012, 01:12 AM

Pick up an instrument, pick up a pensil, pick up the phone. Play, write, draw, talk it out. Where do you turn when you've played your heart out, drawn beauty, written it down, and tried to convey all the hate inside yet it hasn't gone anywhere? They say that cutting is bad for you, and to someone outside looking in I understand why. But when the only people you talk to say no your not and you shouldn't think that about yourself and all they do is repeat everything you say with the words your not in front of it you wonder if they're just trying to get you to calm down and if they truely care at all. The worst feeling in the world is putting on a braclet in the morning and knowing that is all it takes to transform you in the eyes of others they don't look beyond it because you seem perfectly fine and your not the type of person that would hurt yourself anyways.

<3 RAWR<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I'm fine - February 16th 2012, 03:22 AM

Hey there
I'm sorry that you are going through a struggle with cutting. I know that you have (like myself) been told a million times about how bad cutting is so I'm not going to put you through that talk (unless you would like it and if you do I'd be glad to give it). But I just want you to know that you aren't alone in this. I too am currently struggling with cutting. Only a few close people know. I'm the peppy blonde who is always happy and laughing. It's easy to hide ourselves and the pain inside. But sometimes it's too hard to deal with and we just need to let it out. I hope you look at the alternatives to cutting that are on this site. Also I'm here to talk if you need anything. PM me if you have any questions problems or just need a friend to vent to.
~SM~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Lost and shattered~
Average Joe

Name: Lia

Re: I'm fine - February 16th 2012, 02:26 PM

Hey, im one of the ones who will say im fine when im not, and i dont want to give you a lecture about it or anything, so if you need to talk to someone then all you have to do is PM me!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope i can help you,
Lia!

4/26/2012 quote of the day at school:
"Someone called me dellusional
and i nearly fell off my
unicorn"
-unknown

"You only get to
be yourself once,
it would be a shame,
it would be a fucking
shame if you didn't