TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emmaa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i dont even know what i feel anymore - February 17th 2012, 10:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i started about 3 years ago and i thought it faded out, ive been so unhappy lately and i cut my wrists and my arms and i hate it the day after yet i always seem to do it, i have no one to talk to because they dont understand, if you dont cut then i dont think you know how it feels, im surrounded by so many people who say they care about me but ive resorted to this website. the urge right now to get up and find something sharp and just cut is unreal, i hate myself so much

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: i dont even know what i feel anymore - February 18th 2012, 01:23 AM

Hey there,
First off, I just wanted to welcome you to TH. It's a great website that offers a couple of ways to receive advice and support. I'm also positive that you'll find a lot of people that can relate to you. :]

I'm sorry to hear that you've started self harming again. Most people who self harm use it as a coping mechanism when things are difficult in their life. I agree with what you said...it is very difficult for someone who has never had experience with self harm to understand.

With that being said, my suggestion for you is to reach out for support. To those who you think won't understand or really know what you're going through...talk to them about it. Give them information on self harm, or ask them to research it so they can have a little more knowledge on it and understand in what ways to properly support you. It can be difficult to help a friend when you have no idea what they're dealing with. I think the best thing you can do is to talk to a school guidance counsellor. They're professionally trained on how to help you best. It's a pretty scary step, but it's definitely the right one. If you don't feel you can do it alone, ask a friend to come with you. You don't have to deal with this alone, okay?

I hope this post helped a bit. When you have the urge to self harm, I suggest you check out TH's "Alternatives To Self Harm Thread". It has a list of healthy ways to cope. Don't be discouraged if they don't all work for you. You just need to try them out and see what works best for you.

Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Closed Thread