TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
just_a_girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jaylin

help. <:l - February 19th 2012, 01:05 AM

my life has been a huge mess, and it seems like nothing has been right for years. My step-mom hates me, and her daughters always a bitch to me and my brother. My dad loves her so much that he's completely blind to what she does and says to us. My mom, is verbally abusive and it hurts. My friends think I'm always happy and if i tell them I've cut myself.. I don't know what they'll think. I don't want to do it either, the scars are ugly.
I've tried to get help from counselors... no one understands me... help. please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
will was here Offline
You're stronger than you think
Average Joe

Name: Will!

Re: help. <:l - February 19th 2012, 02:20 AM

It is nearly impossible for you to beat this without a friend to support you. But it can be done. When there is to much negative attention it's no wonder you are going through this. So here is me giving you a little positive motivation. If you need a friend I'm your guy. You are a special person and the people who hurt you are so foolish not to notice. and a true friend would not abandon you for going through struggles. true friendship is unconditional. It may be a good idea to confide in one friend. Your closest friend. one you trust more than anyone. It's not healthy to keep something like this bottled up. and i don't just mean the cutting. I mean the things causing the cutting as well. tell that one person everything and keep them close to your heart. And if that doesn't work you till have teen help. I want to be a support to you as well if you'll let me...
take care and be strong

flower
hello my heart where have you been
I missed you when you left
you ran away with that senseless boy
and left me dim and dry
like a faded flower in the mist

Come back my heart. you have a home here
In this place that is my soul
I want to feel like whole again. don't waste your time with him

Have faith my heart. You'll get a second chance
come back to me and you will not be alone
  Send a message via AIM to will was here  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: help. <:l - February 19th 2012, 04:55 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry that you are going through this! I know you said that you said your friends wouldn't understand but have you ever tried opening up to them? Not that you have to tell all of them, maybe just your best friend? I used to think the same thing that people wouldn't understand and that I couldn't tell my friends, but I learned that if they're your true friends they will support you and help you through anything!

Also, I know you said that you've tried to get help from counselors and they haven't helped. Did you go to an actual legit therapist or somebody at school? Either way, I think that you should try again! Finding the right counselor can be a difficult process sometimes, but somebody will be abl to help you! And they do understand even if it might not seem like it! Just keep trying!

I'm also really sorry to hear about your family problems, it's no fun to be treated like that and have a parent be blind to how they are treating you! Have you ever talked to your dad alone and told what's been going on and how much it hurts you? If not, maybe try that!

Keep fighting! You will get through this, feel free to PM me if you want somebody to talk too!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: help. <:l - February 19th 2012, 05:52 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time. You can receive support from many people, although it would be beneficial to you to have at least one friend to support you whilst you are trying to get the help you really do deserve. As the above posters have said, it may be good to talk to a school counselor who can try and help you as best as possible. They may be able to refer you to some support groups, one-to-one therapy and they may even be able to help you at school too. I'm sorry to hear that your family aren't too supportive either. It doesn't help matters when family aren't there for you when things are difficult.

If there's anything you need, I'd be more than happy to help. Just drop me a PM any time.
I really do hope you find the help you deserve.

Take care.

Closed Thread