TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shayladenise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shayla

Unhappy ... - February 20th 2012, 05:13 PM

uhm hi, I don't even know if anyone will read this, but I'm here, so why not spill.
This is the first time I've ever been on this site, and I feel nervous writing this. So I've been cutting for about a year, and I thought I had stopped, I was trying really hard, and I went almost 2 months without cutting, but a few nights ago I did it again. :/ I really want to stop this.. I've lost so many good friends because of it; they think it's disgusting.... As hard as I try though, I find it REALLY hard to just stop, I just hate myself so much and need to punish myself somehow, and I find this the best way, also I have anorexic behaviours, I haven't been diagnosed with it, but I starve myself. and cutting is a way for me to self discipline when I've eaten too much.. I'm ugly, huge and I hate everything about me... but I just want it all to stop, I want to be happy like I used to be...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
outofbreath Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Olivia

Red face Re: ... - February 20th 2012, 05:22 PM

I feel the exact same way. Exact. Have you ever thought about talking to a parent or school counselor? I know, it's easier said then done. But you can't get through this alone. Private Message me if you want. Befriend me too. We have a lot of things in common. I'm new to this site too. Have you looked at the alternates thread? It's a long thread of alternates to cutting. You should check it out. Sorry, I couldn't say more. But I'm always here for support if you need some. (:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: ... - February 20th 2012, 07:22 PM

Hi there.

Firstly it's great to see you have come to us here at Teenhelp for some support and advice. I think that is a really positive step in the right direction.

You going two whole entire months with out self harming is incredible and is very inspirational. You had a slip up and I know it is incredibly easy to view our slip ups in a negative way but you need to try and view it in a positive way. Use this to build on to your recovery. Don't get worked up over the fact that you broke being two months self harm free, take it and use it too start over. I know that's hard but I think a lot of people who are in recovery have slip ups but it honestly isn't about the slip up. It't about picking yourself back up afterwards.

You haven't said an awful lot about what's going on but you say this is a form of punishment. I was wondering what you feel you need to be punished for? If you don't want to talk about then that's okay and we understand that. I know it can be hard to open up to people. But if you do want to talk about it then we're here to listen and we'll try and support you through this.

Do you have an support for both the self harm and the unhealthy eating habbits? I'm sure you know the risks of self harm as well as the risks of starving yourself. You need to stay healthy and look after yourself and you are worth it. You deserve happiness, you don't deserve this pain or any punishment at all.

Try taking a look at this list of alternatives. Distracting yourself when you have urges can be really beneficial. I know it's hard but you can do it and ultimately you're the one in control of your actions. Not everything is going to help you so it is all about trial and error and not giving up when you come across something that doesn't help. Keep on trying new things.

You're worth more than all of this so keep on fighting. We're here for you. You're not alone in this at all.

Take good care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread