TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gymnastxxLeah Offline
tumble <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Leah

not addicted ? so confusing - February 23rd 2012, 12:29 AM

hi .

so i've been struggling with this thing i guess Its sorta like an eating disorder... anyway... i self harm.. a lot. its all part of the cycle.. binge, excercise, starve, and cut. cut . cut . cut . i kinda use it as punishment. anyway something i've noticed is that... i dont feel addicted to it. i can go days without cutting i really can and it doesnt really effect me much. i dont know.. its weird . i dont feel like i HAVE to cut i feel like i need to because i deserve it. Its weird . i want to cut. i dont want to stop. i guess i'm jist not addicted to this.

also, you know how people say one cigarette can get you hooked? well i've had three before and never got hooked on it. never addicted. is this just me or what?

I wanna fly. So I do gymnastics instead.

I'll just keep holding on to what i believe and oh I believe in you. Give me the strength for the fight and the heart to believe cause I've got to believe in you. I feel so alive.

PeacewithImperfection

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: not addicted ? so confusing - February 23rd 2012, 02:03 AM

Just because you go days with out cutting does not mean your not addicted the fact your still cutting means your addicted regardless if you dont do it every day. I dont cut every day. Thats why most people cut because they feel they need to to relieve anxiety because there really upset and so on. You can look into the alternativve thread to give you things to do instead of cutting. Like put ice where you want to cut instead, draw, run, pull a band aide off and on skin. Just because somethings addictive doesnt mean every ones going to get addicted to it. Some people may others may not.

Look for professional if you dont already have one so they can help you because starveing your self is not good and this cyle doesnt seem healthy. Best of luck. Hang in there.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: not addicted ? so confusing - February 28th 2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
i want to cut. i dont want to stop.
Yes, you are addicted. I totally agree with everything Lauri said.
Try to use these alternatives when you have the urge to cut. Every alternative may not work for you, but don't be disheartened when one doesn't work, try more alternatives till you find the one that works.
I am just a PM/VM away
Stay strong <3 You can make it !

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread