TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonimous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me:( - February 23rd 2012, 07:38 PM

Hey.

Today i was practising high-kicks on my boxing sack.
I missed it and lost my balance and i landed on my schoulder and face.
I don't know if i was knocked out, Evrything got white before i could see again.
But thats not really the problem.
My shoulder is bruised/broken. It really hurts if i move it for like 3 cm.
So my mom took me to a friend of her who is also a family doctor/general practioner. I knew her because i hung out with her daughter when i was young. So that sucked, Because she wanted to see my left arm to compare it with the right one. I have been SHing when i was really depressed when i was 14-15. I even got a fckin name on my shoulder and a heart wich is also cut trough. And a lot of scars. And a self-made tatoo smiley face. Nobody knows this except a few close friends of mine. So anyways she wanted to see my arm and i was like eh no way, But she kept insisting and almost tried to pull my shirt off. So i walked out of the door and walked home.

That really sucked. Then my mom came home and was mad like what's wrong with you, you made me look like a fool. I said i have good reasons and i'm sorry. She said Oh yea well show me what good reasons you have, Show me whats wrong with your left arm. Then i said Nothing fuck off. She hasn't asked me since then, But that was 2-3 hours ago.

But she might wanna take me to the hospital for x-ray photos to see if my arm is broken, I really don't want those people to see my scars.
What should i do??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Help me:( - February 23rd 2012, 07:47 PM

Hey there,

I know this is hard but it may be a good idea to tell your mother that you self harmed when you were 14-15. The professionals who see you are not going to say anything due to patient confidentiality and they won't judge you (even if they are friends with relatives). They're there to help you and if you feel uncomfortable with them looking at your arms, it may be a good idea to say that you don't feel comfortable with it. I'd suggest telling the professional at least that you have scars on your arms, so then at least then they are aware of why you don't want to show them.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help me:( - February 24th 2012, 12:17 AM

Hey there.

As hard as it is, you really need to think about your current physical health. From what you've said to us, i'm assuming you no longer have issues with self harm. Try talking to your mum. I know that's going to be really hard but explain you fought it and it isn't an issue any more.

If you're in pain you really need to get help for your injury and i'd hate for you not to get the medical help you need because of the scars you have.

Look after yourself.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Help me:( - February 24th 2012, 12:53 AM

Hey,

I agree with everybody else maybe you should try telling your mom what. If you don't really suffer from it anymore and you've then just explain that to her. If it's still going on then it's the perfect oppurtunity to let somebody in. Either way, I don't think anything to bad will come out of it.

If you absolutely don't want to tell her. I think that you would be okay seeing a doctor, they usually won't tell your parent unless you're going to do it again and they know it!

You really should get your shoulder checked out though! If it's broken and not taken care of it could get worse!

Good Luck!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anonimous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me:( - February 24th 2012, 10:02 AM

Hey,

Thanks for your replies.
It feels a bit better now.
I have read that it should become better each week or something.
But if i still have pain after 2-3weeks it may be broken.
You guys should know that i really did my best to hide my scars for evryone.
Im almost obsessed with my task of letting nobody find out.
Anyways. If it gets worse ill try to contact a doctor on my own.
Then i'll just go there without my mom and hope he isn't a bastard.

Thanks a lot
Anon.

Closed Thread