TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: A*y

Unhappy Cant hold the pain inside :'( - March 2nd 2012, 09:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hey, a few years ago something happened to me which i hate talking about but ever since i have stared to SH because i hate not being able to controll the pain inside so i make pain which i ca contorll.. but the thing is i dont cut for months then someting will make me feel really worthless and i cant help it.. i dont like doing this but its my only way out i havent told anyone because i cant deal with people knowing this is the first time ive spoken about this just wanted to tell someone .....

"I'm losing myself tryin? to compete
With everyone else instead of just being me
Don't know where to turn
I've been stuck in this routine
I need to change my ways
Instead of always being weak

I don't wanna be afraid
I wanna wake up feeling beautiful today
And know that I'm okay"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Cant hold the pain inside :'( - March 2nd 2012, 09:21 PM

Hey,

This is a great first step in trying to get help!

I know that you said that you don't want anybody to know about you're doing to yourself but I honestly think that you should let somebody know. You shouldn't go through something like this alone, not when so many people out there care. Try talking to a friend, parent, school counselor, or any other trusted adult. You should also consider getting therapy, it can help wonders.

I know that you said you hate talking about whatever happened to you but I feel like that is what is causing you so much pain. It might hurt to talk about it and work through it but talking helps, it heals. Holding it inside, trying not to think about it unfortunately doesn't help at all, it makes the problem worse. I think opening up would be the best option for you right now.

I'm really sorry that you are going through this! If you ever want somebody to talk to on here, feel free to send me a private message!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: Cant hold the pain inside :'( - March 3rd 2012, 10:29 PM

First of all, i'd just like to a) congratulate you on visiting teenhelp and admitting this - i know it must have been hard - but now that you have branched out for help/ are ready for it, it can all be sroted and b) trying to stop self harm and doing as well as you are. it will be hard but it will also be the most rewarding and beneficial thing you can do to your future. It only holds you back.

It's great that you realise the phycology part behind it in that you are converting those confusing scary thoughts into something manageable and easy to patch up like pain and cuts but it's not that easy and it never is.

Whatever that experience was it must have really affected you, i know it will take time to be able to speak out about that and trhat it will be hard, but if you feel ready i genuinly think it will be the biggest step you can take to nipping this addiction in the bud. Whatever it is, i's the root of your self harming and could be what's causing you to feel so down and worthless. if you ever want to talk about it i'm only a pm away or you can post on here. no-one will judge you .

Again , look how far you have come, by telling us you can see how easy it is to get help, try talking t a friend to start with? or an anonymous councellor on childline or post another thread on here? take baby steps, but when you nget there and you will your complete recovery will help you so much and give you back your confidence. sh makes youi feel worthless and that you deserve it but you dont, you are amazing <3

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: Cant hold the pain inside :'( - March 6th 2012, 06:20 PM

Hey,
Remember your not worthless!! And I'm glad you come here and admit this and it the first step to getting proper help.

I know how hard things can be trying to stop self harming so if you need help, or want to talk i would really like it if you spoke to me about it

Billie

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: A*y

Re: Cant hold the pain inside :'( - March 6th 2012, 08:43 PM

Hey,, aww thank you its really nice to know i can speak to you.. thanks xox

Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside
'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on

"No One Can Save Me, The Damage Is Done"