TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xlovexhatex13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie

Self Harmer - March 7th 2012, 03:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I started self-harming before I even knew I was self-harming. In 6th grade sometimes I would scratch myself intetionally (which I just learned a week ago that this counts as self-harm). I scratched myself in 7th grade, too, and and I did cut a few times in 7th grade. Now I am in 8th grade. I started cutting a little over a month ago, and this year I have scratched myself a lot. I am trying to stop before it becomes an even bigger habit and before I get even more addicted to it. Especially since I cut about every day now, even if it's just a little bit.
Is anyone else going through something similar?

~I'm sorry you're blind to all the pain you've caused~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Self Harmer - March 7th 2012, 03:14 AM

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to TeenHelp! Glad you came to join some awesome people!

In terms of cutting, I am past where you are with it, I have been cutting myself sense about eighth grade and I am now in twelfth.
I think it is really great that you have realized, fairly towards the beginning of this, that what you are doing is wrong, not safe and should be stopped before it becomes a bigger problem. Realizing and trying to take control of your cutting is the first step to get anywhere else in the process of stopping it.
If you haven't yet, I suggest you look at the alternatives to self harm thread.
There is an amazing list of alternatives there to help you out when you are triggered and want to hurt yourself.
Do not be worried if something does not help you, not all of them may help all people. It is just about trying them out, seeing what helps and doesn't help, and then using the ones that help whenever you are wanting to self harm.
I really hope this helps you out.
If you ever need anything, or someone to talk to, I am around here quite a bit so you can send me a message and I will be glad to be here for you.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread