TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lillyfreak1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly Dann

Unhappy I need help fast.. - March 7th 2012, 10:25 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well I have been cutting since I was 7 and I am 13 now. I haven't been cutting deep until now. It bleeds more and more. I usually do it every week mostly in places people can't see. I need some help... Before I make it worse. I also do earser burns and scratch myself...
  Send a message via Skype™ to lillyfreak1234 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: I need help fast.. - March 7th 2012, 10:30 PM

Hey hun sorry to here you have been going through a rough time.

Why do you hurt yourself?
What made you start?

The best thing you can do if you really truly want to stop is to tell a parent or a teacher, someone who can help. I know its hard to tell someone about it, but if you really want to get better you really need help

If you need to talk you can PM me anytime and I'll try to grt back to you as soon as possible
I hope i can help

Billie

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I need help fast.. - March 7th 2012, 10:45 PM

Hey Lilly,

I'm sorry to heart that you've been dealing with self harm, especially for so long and at such a young age. It's not an easy thing to have to go through, and I am glad that you are reaching out for help and have the will to overcome this. I think the first step to getting past self harm is realizing and coming to terms with the fact that you need help, and determining why you started to hurt yourself in the first place. The fact that you realize that hurting yourself is a problem is the first step to recovery.

Come to an understanding of why you self harm. Self harm is typically a way to cope with negative emotions. What kind of emotions have caused you to feel the need to hurt yourself for so long? Another important step is to confide in someone about what you are doing. Find someone that you trust and let them know how you have been feeling. It may help to know that you are not alone in this, and that you have someone to count on and talk to if need be.

It's important to try and come up with other coping techniques to try and replace and counter the self harm. If you have another way to cope with your emotions, you'll find it less necessary to hurt yourself. You may find this thread helpful, as it lists alternatives and distractions to self harm. There are many, more helpful things you can do to help yourself cope.

I know that it's difficult. Recovering from anything is a long road, but in the end it is definitely worth it. I'm here if you ever need to talk, so send me a PM anytime. You can do this.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DrummerBoy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I need help fast.. - March 8th 2012, 12:23 AM

Now i dont want to get into why you do it.

Im glad that your reaching out for help.
Let me tell you one thing.
Everyone is iportant. Everyone has flaws, everyone has there ups and downs (including me)

Instead of self harm, Try yelling into a pillow as loud as you can. Or Punch a pillow/bed, or a exercise ball.

Ive found that when i do that. I eliminate all my stress and i feel great.

Good luck.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I need help fast.. - March 8th 2012, 01:18 AM

Lilly, I'll make this simple for you. In addition to the nice support you;re getting here, I'll tell you what to do! You should find some trusted adult (hopefully your folks if not, then a school counselor, a favorite teacher, friends parents, etc.) and tell them what you've been doing and show them and let them get you to a doc who can help you stop doing this to yourself and make you feel better. If you've been cutting since age 7 and your now 13, this is very serious...as it always is, but especially now as you begin the tumult of adolescence.

Go tell someone...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lillyfreak1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly Dann

Re: I need help fast.. - March 8th 2012, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the help guys I apreciate it very much ( I think I spelled that wrong) Haha I just can't really tell my mom cause she'll be dissapointed.. My mom already is dissapointed in me and never supports me... She goes to none of my band concert or choir..

Kony 2012!!!<3(:
I'm Lilly and if you need any help I'm here for you!!!<3 I love everyone!!
I can help everyone who needs it my PM is always open soo send me one if you would like too!
I give FREE HUGS!!!!!!! -hugs!!!!-
NIALL HORAN!!!<33333

Send a message via Skype™ to lillyfreak1234 
Closed Thread