TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZebraAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How do you stop it? - March 13th 2012, 12:38 AM

Okay, I'm 14 years old, I've been cutting myself since I was 10 years old, I have been able to stop for 4 months 2010 but I fell back in it. And now I haven't cut myself in three weeks, but I saw my ex today and I havn't seen him since he broke up with me wich was 12/2. I know it probably sounds very childisch and all that, but we were together for 8 months almost and I really loved him.
And well, I just wanna know some tips how to stop hurting myself, cause I already got way too many scars.
I don't know if it makes any differens but I might add that I got ADD, ODD and Depression och Anxiety.

And sorry if it's not the best spelling ever but I hope you understand, I really want some good answers on hos to stop hurting yourself.

Right now my head is so fucked up so I don't even really know what I have written, and I really don't care so..
Please just answer<3

Last edited by ZebraAngel; March 13th 2012 at 12:44 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: How do you stop it? - March 13th 2012, 01:01 AM

Self-harm is a difficult cycle to get out of, but admitting that you have a problem and reaching out for help is a great first step. I'm really proud of you for doing that. You should be proud of yourself, as well. I'd like you to check out this list of alternatives - there are so many different activities on this list that you could do instead of self-harming. If the first thing you try doesn't work for you, don't be discouraged. Simply move on to the next one. Keep going until you find one that works for you.

Also, remember to celebrate the small accomplishments. Slips can be discouraging, but it's not the end of the world. You've been self-harm free for 3 weeks! That's a huge accomplishment and something that you should be incredibly proud of. If you want to, you can keep track of your accomplishments in this thread. It's definitely helpful for me to be able to keep track of my progress and the same might be true for you.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosy

Re: How do you stop it? - March 14th 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraAngel View Post
Okay, I'm 14 years old, I've been cutting myself since I was 10 years old, I have been able to stop for 4 months 2010 but I fell back in it. And now I haven't cut myself in three weeks, but I saw my ex today and I havn't seen him since he broke up with me wich was 12/2. I know it probably sounds very childisch and all that, but we were together for 8 months almost and I really loved him.
And well, I just wanna know some tips how to stop hurting myself, cause I already got way too many scars.
I don't know if it makes any differens but I might add that I got ADD, ODD and Depression och Anxiety.

And sorry if it's not the best spelling ever but I hope you understand, I really want some good answers on hos to stop hurting yourself.

Right now my head is so fucked up so I don't even really know what I have written, and I really don't care so..
Please just answer<3
Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Project? The rules are that every time you feel the need to cut, you take a marker or a pen or a sharpie, and you draw a butterfly over the place that you usually cut. Name the butterfly after somebody you love very much. If you cut, then you kill the butterfly. If you have multiple butterflies and you cut even once, you kill all of the butterflies. You CANNOT scrub at the butterflies, you have to let them fade away on their own. If you want to, you can have a friend or family member draw a butterfly on you. Those butterflies are very special, and you have to take good care of them.

I hope this helps you!

Be like the birds: sing after every storm.

Closed Thread