TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Ive been doing so well. - March 28th 2012, 09:28 AM

Ive gone more than a week with out burning and longer with out cutting. The scars on my wrist are fading. Ive been doing so well but for some reason i feel like im going to slip up. i want to cut so bad but i dont want to undo all the progress ive made.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Ive been doing so well. - March 28th 2012, 10:01 AM

Firstly, well done! More than a week is ages! You've done so well and I'm proud of you, I know how hard it is. You should be so proud of yourself!

As for wanting to slip up, think of how strong you've been this past week. How well you've done. You can do this, I know you can. Have you looked at the alternatives thread for self harm? http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ It's all about finding one that works for you.

I know you can do this, I believe in you! You've done so well and you can continue that! We're always here if you need support. You're never alone <3

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Eater of Delicious Goods
Not a n00b

Name: Nikki

Re: Ive been doing so well. - March 29th 2012, 08:12 AM

I agree! Just a week is more than a milestone. It can be hard, but I know you can do it! :] Try and remind yourself that there are other ways, that you aren't alone and that you can make it through it. If you can handle a week, you can handle two weeks. Take it one day at a time and do your best! C:

"Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ive been doing so well. - April 3rd 2012, 01:43 PM

Im having a lot of problems sticking to it. ive had three day zero's in a row and its gotten really bad to the point where i tried to kill myself. Thanks for all the support.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Ive been doing so well. - April 5th 2012, 04:40 AM

First congrats on making it past a week. That means you can make it longer. Look at the sticky Laura gave you. Use them whenever you are triggered. i know its hard to get through this, but it is possible. You just gotta keep trying. If you need to talk PM me. <3

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Ive been doing so well. - April 6th 2012, 09:57 PM

Hi there,

I think it's really great that you've been a week self harm free. I honestly do. You've done really well to go that long with out hurting yourself and I hope you're proud of yourself for doing so.

While trying to stop self harm, I think it's pretty understandable and 'normal' to still have urges at times and to struggle and that's okay. You've said yourself you don't want to undo all the progress you've made and as hard as it is, you're the one in control of your actions and the urges. They're not in control of you. If you stay positive and use distractions and keep determined, you can beat them because that's your control.

You can do this, you can beat it and you're worth it so keep fighting the urges. And you're not alone. If you want too talk to us, we're always here for you.

Look after yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread