TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Question wanting to scream - April 2nd 2012, 12:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hey. so i have a huge issue with being fustrated. everytime i cant describe how i feel or why i want to cut i feel horrible and end up cutting. so i have 2 questions. #1. does anyone else feel like this? and #2 how can i start to open up more. im the type of person thats always worried im saying somethimg wrong. so any advice would be great
  Send a message via Skype™ to struggling-for-air 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
shmarls Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wanting to scream - April 2nd 2012, 12:31 AM

I definitely used to struggle with feeling this way. I know it's hard but you really have to try and look to the heart of the issue and figure out why you're doing what you're doing. If you have somebody around you who you can talk to, try explaining it to them. Set up a safety net (for example, promise to call them when you're feeling like cutting and have them come over or talk to you until it passes).
As far as opening up, you have to learn to have conviction in what you know. If you say something with honesty and confidence, you can't be wrong. And let's say you do say something "wrong". What is the worst thing that can happen? Maybe you'll learn something about yourself, about somebody else, or about some other topic.
Stay strong.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rosy

Re: wanting to scream - April 2nd 2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggling-for-air View Post
hey. so i have a huge issue with being fustrated. everytime i cant describe how i feel or why i want to cut i feel horrible and end up cutting. so i have 2 questions. #1. does anyone else feel like this? and #2 how can i start to open up more. im the type of person thats always worried im saying somethimg wrong. so any advice would be great
I feel the exact same way a lot of the time. But it's normal for somebody who self harms or wants to self harm, or suffers depression, so don't worry about that. What matters is trying to relieve this feeling.

Try beating up a pillow. Or going somewhere nobody can hear you and screaming at the top of your lungs. Or maybe watch a sport; then you can scream at the top of your lungs and nobody will notice. xD

Another thing that helps is writing it all down in a journal. That's what I do, and I just rant and rant for hours on end about anything and everything. When you're done, you'll feel drained of all the anger.

Or, try writing down everything you feel, all the frustration and pain, on a piece of paper. Then, burn the piece of paper, or shred it, as if you were destroying all of the bad feelings.

Or just try talking to somebody about all the stuff you're feeling. There's no shame in crying or admitting pain.

I hope I helped Please message me if and when you want to talk.

Be like the birds: sing after every storm.

Closed Thread