TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Danielle

i'm at my breaking point..... - April 4th 2012, 06:47 AM

i'm about ready to break. i'm so sick of crying...i've cried basically every night before i go to bed for over a week. i can't do this anymore. screw the 8 weeks i've been cut free. it doesn't matter anyways. no one's gonna be hurt by it except me. and it doesn't even hurt me. it helps me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
matt30822 Offline
N7 Elite Psych
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i'm at my breaking point..... - April 4th 2012, 08:26 AM

You are wrong - people other then you will get hurt if you intend to cause harm to yourself. No, they won't get hurt physically but they will still get hurt emotionally and sometimes that is worse then physical pain. There are people out there that care about you... whether it be your parents, carers, friends, uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews and us - one of those or most likely multiple of those people will care whether you inflict harm on yourself. If you come from an environment where you don't think they do or they have said in the past that they don't care, trust me they do - they may not say it but they do.

While it may "help" you - it will cause pain to not only yourself in the long-run but also to everyone else around you, so please reconsider what you intend to do.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: i'm at my breaking point..... - April 4th 2012, 09:46 AM

Wait, you've been cut free 8 weeks?! That's amazing! Seriously, well done. I admire your strength; you should be very proud. It takes a very strong and determined person to do that.

There are times in life when we feel like we're going to break. But, at least in my experience, when you make it through them you're a stronger person. I know it might not seem it now, but one day you'll look back on this as a distant memory, and vow to never get that low again.
And I know it's already been said, but just to reiterate: it does hurt people when you cut. Imagine a member of your family, or a really close friend- anyone you care about- cutting. Would you care? Shrug it off? Or would you want to help? I know how horrible it is, but trust me, cutting doesn't help you. It hurts your body- and you don't deserve to hurt, no matter what you think. I'm going to send you a link to the alternatives thread: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/. Just give a few of them a go. Not all of them will work for you- everyone's different- but find a one that does and stick with it.

The last piece of advice I can give you is probably the most important, and it's also the part you're probably going to ignore, sadly. One of the best things you can do is tell somebody about this, either face to face or in a letter. Anyone who you trust and who is in a position to help and support you; you don't deserve to do this alone. But just so you know, you're never alone, ever. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, or complain to, or shout out. Either, I don't mind So are loads of other people here. You aren't alone <3

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread