TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Herp Derp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Self-harming - April 9th 2012, 08:42 AM

This is my first post on this website. In fact, this post is the only reason I signed up, as I don't want to/am too afraid to tell anyone about this in real life.

For almost two years now, I have had a problem with hurting myself when I am sad or angry. I've cut myself, burned myself, hit myself, etc. Nothing too permanent, though. However, sometimes I get strong urges to jump off of high places (not high enough to die), break bones, step in front of cars, even light myself on fire. For a while, I was obsessed with Russian roulette, and hunted for a gun to use. Thank god I didn't find one, or who knows what might have happened...

I don't know why I do it, it just sort of comes to me. I remember reading about a personality disorder a while ago that sounds like what I do, but I can't remember what it's called... Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else here has/had the same problem, and if they can help me with this or know of a way I can be helped. I REALLY do NOT want any of my family to know about this, so there's a very low chance of me consulting any of them. I also would rather not see a therapist/psychiatrist, but I will consider it if that's what it takes.

I apologize for the length of my post and for if this topic has already been posted, but any help would much appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Becky

Re: Self-harming - April 9th 2012, 09:37 AM

I think you need to talk to someone, a therapist, school counsellor, a teacher maybe. I know how you feel and I have been something similiar to this, I behaved in a irrational manner when I was hurting or angry and I had no way to express it. I have always struggled with expressing my emotions and I find cutting as a way out. I think you need to speak to someone as it really does help. I was also against telling my family but after a teacher at school confronted me about marks on my skin and eventually rang my parents about it, it got a little better and surprisingly they were all supportive.

If you ever need to talk just PM me.

Hope I helped.

Becky

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Christmascane28 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda Nicole

Re: Self-harming - April 11th 2012, 12:15 AM

I have the same problem you have, i have tried to stop for the past two years but am still unsuscess full.. (sorry about my crappy grammar) but the thing im trying to say is that i know how difficult these things and urges can be and im always here if you wanna talk(:

Closed Thread