TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2dreamland Offline
Not a n00b

Sigh. Possible trigger?? - April 9th 2012, 09:44 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I miss cutting. Even if i don't feel the way i always did before cutting, I still just miss it. i could be happy but still miss it.

sigh, just wanted to say that. anyone else feel this way? i have an amazing therapist and I really feel like i won't do it again, but I miss it so bad. it's like having a friend that i can't see ever again... ;((

PM me if you need anything!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: Sigh. Possible trigger?? - April 9th 2012, 10:55 PM

Most people who cut or have a history of cutting view it as "reliable" and one of the best ways to relieve stress, although it is a negative way to cope. I know that in times of stress, although I haven't cut in two years, I have times where I miss the relief it gave me. However, in the long run, it's much better if you don't. It's normal to miss it. The only thing to worry about is if you go back and do it.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
2dreamland Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Sigh. Possible trigger?? - April 9th 2012, 11:16 PM

Yeah I know. I just miss it a little. I know it's worse in the long run, and I know it's a negative way to cope even though it does give brief relief. i just had to get that off my chest somewhere :/ i know i won't do it again, and if i do hopefully it won't be for a while. but yeah. My therapist gave me something to do. i cant wait to see him next, he's the best.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Re: Sigh. Possible trigger?? - April 10th 2012, 04:20 AM

I feel the same way. I miss it too sometimes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
2dreamland Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Sigh. Possible trigger?? - April 10th 2012, 04:45 AM

Kinda sucks a little :/

Closed Thread