TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Scared :/ - May 19th 2012, 03:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

If tis isn't in the Right Thread plz feel free to put it where it needs to go!

So I know for a fact that I have "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome n was Positive of Cocaine at birth n has Hep C!"

But I just found out that I have a New Condition "ADHD!"

All do to my Birth Mother but I'm adopted now, but I'm scared w/ everything I don't kno bout my History or my Mothers History n I Deffently don't kno who my Father is Bc of wat she was doing!
I'm afraid Its going to wreck my Life n the more I figure out along the road.

But Why Me? I just feel like crying have the time!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Scared :/ - May 20th 2012, 01:58 AM

Hey,

ADHD isn't that big of a deal, it's actually highly treatable and manageable.
It's understandable that you're upset about all of this stuff - I have no idea how I would cope if it was me in your situation - but as for ADHD, well, there's medications that help, and there's also things like CBT which can help you with things like planning and organising yourself which you may find difficult as a result of this.

This is not going to wreck your life, things can only wreck your life if you let them. It comes down to choices, you can choose to be strong and to find ways to work with your issues!

Family history may be a bit of an issue with not knowing what to expect, but each time something new comes up, ask your doctor or your adoptive parents for information about it, and use every opportunity you get to learn how to cope with your stuff and live successfully. You can do it!

As for why you . . . well, I don't know. Life isn't fair and it's also not easy. But we make the most of what we've got. Enjoy being who you are, everyone is unique, has their own little things that make life worthwhile for them. Spend time doing these things and spend time appreciating what you have, and then questions of why you have certain things seem less important.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: Scared :/ - May 20th 2012, 01:43 PM

Thanx but its just getting hard to handle. Everything tat comes new to me....idk anymore

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ZyBalilBOL9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared :/ - May 23rd 2012, 02:58 AM

. Hello, there. First. Take a deep breath. Its going to be alright. Your not alone. Harming ykurself won't change whats taken place. Try to meditate, its easy. Just sit in a secluded room ny yourself, close your eyes and repeat "I am just as capable as any, I am just as strong. While doing this consentrate on all the good you can find in your life, and hold it in memory. Allow no bad karma, no negative thought to remove these thoughts of happiness. They will try to surface but every time try pushing them back by a powerful good memory. Allow your mind to sink into these thoughts of happiness, put up walls. Imagen your in a theatre the walls solid concrete, and nothing can get through. Cause this your own personal theatre. Any bad thought, anything that causes pain is gone and not allowed. Take another deep breth cause your in a safe place were only good memories project across the screen. Anything bad that you feel that might slip in workit to your advantage, change its charact. Tell it it will please you and not harm you. Turn away from it cause this your happy movie. And it should vanish. Mute in out by turning up the volume of your own happy memories. Eventaully after being ignore these thoughts will turn away. Leaving your theatre, tired of being ignored. Use this everyday until you are happy and your will to exterminate them will grow un-stoppable.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ZyBalilBOL9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared :/ - May 23rd 2012, 03:00 AM

Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: Scared :/ - May 23rd 2012, 01:46 PM

Relax and calm down, first I have ADHD and its not the end of the world that you have that now.

I'm also adopted and wonder what history she had as well. But I know this is all hard on you but you go to look up, you were adopted by a very lovely couple who wanted you so badly. So be happy. Also God has a plan for you too. So you just got to believe in yourself.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

Closed Thread