TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Exclamation Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 28th 2012, 01:14 AM

Stuiped A-D-D. I hate it. I can't do anything to please anyone. I HATE MYSELF b/c i have the A-D-D. There are some days, i just want to craw in a hole and hide. I hate faceing everyone everyday and not even remember anything that was said from the day befor.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
millerdancer15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 28th 2012, 05:54 AM

Hey, don't be so down on yourself. You are who you are, and that's a good thing. But, there are ways to make your ADD a little bit better. Such as, are you on any medications? If you're not, I suggest talking to your doctor about starting on one. If you are, I still suggest talking to a doctor, some brand/amount changes can be made.

You could also talk to a therapist, who can also give you helpful tips with dealing with your symptoms.

Best of luck!

People don't cry because they are weak. People cry because they have been strong for too long.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 28th 2012, 03:03 PM

Im on A-D-D Medication. They have me on 60 mgs and taking it everyday. Ever since i was in my really bad wreck on jauary 24th, i've just not been the same. Something different has happened. Its like my A-D-D has gotten worse since then. I'm going to try to call my dr either tomorrow or wensday and leave a message for my dr to give me a call and see what she says we need to do.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 28th 2012, 08:05 PM

Hey

I'm sorry that you feel this way-you are not stupid.

Did you get in contact with your doctor? They will be able to help you or refer you to someone who can help.

I hope you feel better soon.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 28th 2012, 11:18 PM

Yea i did and they are not open till tomorrow. I may not be able to get into my dr for maybe a month.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 29th 2012, 06:24 AM

Don't worry about it.
I have the same problem.
My boyfriend gets mad at me cause I forget things. yeahh..
But It'll get better. I promise. <3

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - May 29th 2012, 04:07 PM

I hope your right. I'm tired of dealing with it. The hardest part is dealing with it in school.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - June 6th 2012, 06:20 PM

I have ADD/ADHD too. I know how much it can suck.
If you are on 60 MG of what ever med you are on, you should probably talk to your doctor about getting a diff kind (Concerta, Adderall, Strattera etc) because it doesn't sound like it is working for you any more.
Also, I totally understand how you feel. People who have ADD have a higher likelihood of suffering from anxiety and depression. It isn't a guarantee. I hate it when people assume that the reason I am so damn stressed out or whatever is cause I have ADD but it is true, and for myself I find that the meds make me more likely to be anxious/depressed. I have had the same feelings where I feel like people are just assuming that my having ADHD must rule my life or something. I have literally had friends who act like it DOES rule my life and I am like yeah, no it doesn't, thanks, but try again.
You might just be overwhelmed. Have you ever considered therapy? It might help you with how you feel to talk to someone who can help you.
If you need to talk, lemme know

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - June 6th 2012, 07:04 PM

Hey,

I know how difficult it is to have a mental illness. I don't have ADD, but I've also felt a lot of hatred towards myself for my own mental health problems. I've gone from embracing it and learning to live with it to hating myself for it and then back to accepting it again. For me it's like a never ending battle, and a lot of times I blame myself for having the issues that I do, when in reality I know that they're not my fault.

Having ADD doesn't have to be such a negative thing, though. I know it's hard to look at it this way, and it took me a really long time.. but believe it or not mental illnesses can bring a lot of good things into our lives too. Mine have given me a better understanding of other people, for one thing. I consider myself to be an understanding and empathetic person, and a lot of that has to do with my mental illness and what I've been through. Just remember that most of the time the things you struggle with most are the things that help you learn the most. I'm convinced that there's a reason that I have to deal with my mental illness, and in the long run I think it's made me a better person.

You might not be able to change the fact that you have ADD, but you can learn to control it the best that you can. I would suggest talking to your doctor and see what you can do further to help yourself. Maybe you could consider going into therapy, it's a great way to learn how to cope with things and look at them in a different way. That could really help you.

Just try to stay positive, and remember that having ADD does not define you. It doesn't take over your personality or who you are, so don't let it hold you back. You're much more than that. I'm here if you ever need to talk things through. You can send me a PM anytime. I hope things start to look up for you soon. Stay strong!

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#10 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stuiped me and stuiped ADD - June 10th 2012, 06:33 PM

Im taking stretta. I can tell some difference every now and then. I think its b/c i think of myself as a failure. I get really down on the weekends b/c i don't really have anyone to hang out with beside's my bf. Sometime, i want to hang out with my friends and they don't want anything to do with me b/c i have the ADD problem. They think that they can get it from me when you can't.

Closed Thread