TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zannen- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tay

I really just don't know what to do anymore? - March 2nd 2013, 11:12 AM

Well, I've been diagnosed with recurrent major depressive disorder and ADHD, so I wasn't sure exactly where I should post this at all, so feel free to tell me if this belongs somewhere else.

Anyway, I'm kind of a mess right now. Everything is flying in five hundred directions and I don't even have the energy to wake up or put myself to bed. My apartment is a freakin' disaster and I can't bring myself to care and do anything about it beyond becoming more and more depressed. I've been sick with a chest infection, sinus infection (but this was beginning before that). I'm weeks behind on my classes.

I tried to go to the disability services for help, but they wouldn't take me for two weeks, which obviously isn't going to help me right now.

Oh my god I need to get to my point. ANYWAY

I'm generally feeling like a piece of crap that can't function whatsoever, and a failure at life for not being able to do ANYTHING it feels like. I can't even do school right. I don't know what to do with myself.

Even worse, I have almost no motivation to do anything. I'm overweight, poor as hell right now (I just had to put my rent on my credit card), my family is another mess entirely, so there's no support there. I can't even get a freakin' appointment to get back on medication because it takes a month to two months to go through.

I feel like life is out of my hands and just generally down in the dumps. My friends don't seem to understand what I'm going through, or they just don't care. Either way, it's not helping. I'm pretty much all by myself and really don't know what to do. There's things I need to do but I'm not sure where to start or what to do and I'm just entirely overwhelmed and utterly depressed. I sleep at least 12 hours a day and am only up for about 4 hours before I'm tired again.

I just feel like I'm a waste of space, and a disappointment to anyone who knows me. I'm very ashamed, embarrassed and very depressed and trying to sort through things but everyone is just getting really angry with me and/or giving up on me and ignoring me.

I'm just... lost?

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
moggeletto Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Imogen

Re: I really just don't know what to do anymore? - March 2nd 2013, 06:52 PM

Just remember, you won't feel like this forever. I really hope things improve for you

Things get better. Maybe not today, but it WILL get better

(#3 (permalink)) Old
owlcity:) Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Re: I really just don't know what to do anymore? - March 5th 2013, 12:50 AM

I'm sorry things are like this. <3
Imogen's right it will get better.
I don't know what to say. I've felt like that too.
lots of hugss.. and don't give up 'cause you can do it.
Everyone goes through rough times and its normal...
We all believe in you.
Jenn

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: I really just don't know what to do anymore? - March 12th 2013, 12:01 AM

Create motivation.
It's hard, but worthwhile.
It can also kill time andbe rewarding.
Get a pet maybe? Set a personal goal to lose weight or to achieve something.
Make sure that it means something to you.
Make sure it will make you kick yourself if you dont do it.

It's unfortunate how things are but you must try your best to deal with it all. Its just how life unfortunately goes. You're still young though, so maybe in a few years you can look back on this low time and say "Remember how I got through that?", and it will give you motivation for whatever other roughtimes come.

It's not easy and maybe I am not right.
But you need to take hold of it.

I wish you good luck on it all.

Closed Thread