TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Quinn

Exclamation Friend Has Severe Schizophrenia. HELP ASAP - December 12th 2013, 09:57 PM

So I do this online counseling thing where I help people with depression. One of the girls happens to have extreme schizophrenia, I think, but will never tell anyone. She has had this thing follow her around since 7 years old (she's 14). She calls her Daisy and Daisy looks exactly how she's always wanted to look. And she can clearly see her, hear her, touch her, and feel her when she touches her as if she was a real person. But no one else can see her. Two days ago, Daisy raped her. She refuses to tell her counselor that she sees in person about Daisy, because she want ME to help her and she thinks that her mom would be ashamed of her. And Daisy is sometimes nice. She says that sometimes they cuddle up and watch a movie. And Daisy has died several times but keeps coming back. Once, she pushed Daisy in front of a car. Once, she watched Daisy hang herself. And two days ago, she yelled at Daisy and Daisy jumped off a roof. But she is back. And Daisy hasn't always been in physical form. She used to just be a voice in her head that screamed at her and made her self harm and attempt suicide. She's attempted 8 times and she saw Daisy before she attempted every time. Daisy became in physical form about a month after I got her to disobey Daisy for the first time. I feel really bad about it. She wanted my advice, but I told her that I couldn't give more advice until I did more research. I can't find anything ANYWHERE! I need someone to help please. What can she do to get Daisy gone for good or at least get her to become a friend, not enemy? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help! This is really important. And don't say that she needs to talk to her counselor, because she won't. Just please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Friend Has Severe Schizophrenia. HELP ASAP - December 13th 2013, 03:46 AM

Hi,

I definitely understand your concern here for your friend. You seem like a very caring person who wants the best for her which is great. However, this sounds like it is out of your control: meaning no matter what you do, she needs help beyond what you can give.
For one thing, you are only 12 years old (if the age on your profile is accurate) and at your age, there are a lot of things you can do but ultimately, the best advice I can give is the following:
Keep encouraging her. Let her know she is not alone, that she can be helped and that things can and will improve for her. Make sure she knows that her counselor is there to support her and any help she gives her is for the best.
If you know anyone in her life that could connect her to help possibly and that you would feel comfortable sharing this with, I highly encourage you to do so. What she is experiencing sounds extremely serious and in order for things to improve, she needs to communicate with a professional to help her: whether she believes it is necessary or not, at some point, I hope she does (with encouragement from others, she can get to that point).
Disorders such as Schizophrenia usually require therapy in combination with medication to both treat and stabalize the person's brain. This is why I am suggesting what you do not exactly want me to suggest: because it is really the only way she will get the support she needs.
I hope this is helpful to you in some way and if you would like to talk, you can PM me and I will help as best as I can.
Take care.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread