TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Question adhd or not ? - April 2nd 2014, 09:06 PM

Hey, so yes, since the beginning of the year, i've been very exciter all the time. people like it, because it makes them laugh, i'm just very hyper, jumping everywhere, making joker, speaking loud etc… people often ask me if i took some vitamines or even smocked.
But lately it's been more excessive. Like in class i can't concentrate, so i'm gonna draw, or talk, or laugh all alone. i'd even getting on the nerves of my friends because i keep annoying them with my pen. For example, i'd touch them with my pen for 10 minutes and laugh alone.
I'm not really intereted in class but it's like i can't focus, everything becomes interresting like my rule, my pen. I still have a good grades because i've got a good memory but sometimes i'm just so annoying that teachers yell at me.
The thing, is i don't know if i control it, or if i can't. Like do i choose to be like this or it just happens ? idk if you get what i mean..
But i can be very calm, and then become very hyper.
Could it be adhd ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: adhd or not ? - April 2nd 2014, 09:55 PM

These are the symptoms of ADHD according to this website.
Quote:
The three types of ADHD symptoms include:

Trouble paying attention (inattention). People with ADHD are easily distracted. They have a hard time focusing on any one task.
Trouble sitting still for even a short time (hyperactivity).Children with ADHD may squirm, fidget, or run around at the wrong times. Teens and adults often feel restless and fidgety. They aren't able to enjoy reading or other quiet activities.
Acting before thinking (impulsivity). People with ADHD may talk too loud, laugh too loud, or become angrier than the situation calls for. Children may not be able to wait for their turn or to share. This makes it hard for them to play with other children. Teens and adults may make quick decisions that have a long-term impact on their lives. They may spend too much money or change jobs often.
These symptoms affect all people who have ADHD. But typical behavior varies by age.
Hyperactivity isn't the only thing seen with this disorder. Most of the time, people will not find it possible to sit still or pay attention during class. It can be possible, but it is extremely hard. Forgetting assignments and items is also very common. Impulsive behaviors and actions, even if it's just impulsiveness in words not actions, is also associated with ADHD. Honestly, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion and say that you have it. Maybe that's because I live with someone with severe ADHD, so these symptoms are not even close to what this person experiences, even on medication.
We can't diagnose you because we're not professionals. Anyways, if you think you might have it, I suggest going to your parents or school guidance counselor and ask to get tested. The testing is not too bad, either. Hopefully, getting tested will help you figure everything out. I really think you should find a professional to get diagnosed and then go from there. I wish you the best!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: adhd or not ? - April 4th 2014, 09:38 AM

Well mate im like you from time to time. Try to do some sports to blow off steam and see if it still affects you. If you still have the energy to be WOOOOOW after a good run, then go to your schools psychiatrist and talk to him/her a bit. If youre tired then you just need to do some sports to blow off steam every day or every two days...
Have fun mate!

Closed Thread