TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

hip dysplaysia - April 15th 2016, 09:47 PM

I was basically born with out of place hips (hip dysplaysia) it always has been worse in my left leg.... but right now im getting shooting pains in my right hip.... i've known from like a really young age i will need hip replacements.... but i've never like had shooting pains like this before.... does anyone else have hip dysplaysia and has had this problem with shooting pains??? because its like really getting me down....

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: hip dysplaysia - April 26th 2016, 02:08 PM

Hey Lydia,
I don't have hip dysplasia so I am sorry I cannot be very useful but I wanted to extend my support to you. My mother's side has a few people with physical disabilities. One is my grandmother who was born with a hip dislocation. Her sister was also born with a physical condition that affected her ability to move. She was a ballet dancer until her condition worsened and was in a wheelchair from them on.

I know it can be hard living with a physical challenge and with mental health conditions too and stress, it can all complicate each other.
Have you spoken to a doctor about it at all since you posted this? you know a lot more than i do if this is something to bring up to a doctor but it may be worth a try. If you haven't already.
I know when I'm feeling physically unwell, I end up doing indoor activities like arts and crafts, reading, and watching a movie. Something I thought of recently is doing an arts and crafts project for a cause. Like chemo caps and surgi dolls for children undergoing medical procedures. That's just what came to mind but there are other causes to look into to.

Take care Lydia and let us know how things are going for you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: hip dysplaysia - April 30th 2016, 10:17 AM

There is surgery avaliable but it would be like 21 months in various hip spica casts, traction, intensive physio and then rehabilitation... I either can like do that or can like wait till I'm alot older and be accepted for hip replacement on the NHS.... I also found out that I have hyper extension /hyper extending joints in like both my kneees...so basically my hips are not in place and sort of like want to turn outwards... but my knees dont like actually agree with my hips and my knees pretty much want to turn inwards....my mums a physio so does sometimes like give me little exercises to do and tell me I need to like basically get up and just get on with because staying bed makes them worse it hurts alot to get up when its all ceased up but if I don't I could like pretty much end up worse off..... the shooting pains are still there but I think thats more to do with like the hyper extending knee joints.... my feet also turn outwards like a little bit....

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread