TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I've been here a while

Fatigue Unmanageable--Suggestions? - August 30th 2018, 12:41 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Keeping this shortish because fatigue. Not sure if it needs TW.

I have chronic fatigue as a symptom of Crohn's. I'm being treated for Crohn's but the fatigue is the major problem. I've had fatigue as a constant symptom since I was diagnosed over a decade ago. I'm a college student--majoring in bio and psych. Realizing now that bio was probably a bad idea for someone with my condition but I graduate too soon to change majors. Fatigue is worse now than it has ever been. I can barely function already and another semester just started. It's the second week and I'm already behind.

Caffeine makes other symptoms worse but fatigue is temporarily better until my tolerance gets too high; I don't get extra energy, just feel more normal (note: I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible so I can abuse it the most possible when fatigue is really bad and I have critical exams and then get my tolerance back to zero so I can do it again--which is bad, I know). I know I need to rest but that isn't always doable. I can't take fewer classes because of financial aid.

How do you manage your chronic fatigue?

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Fatigue Unmanageable--Suggestions? - September 9th 2018, 10:03 PM

Sorry to hear that you have chronic fatigue. That sounds awful to live with.

I'm wondering if you get blood tests every now and then? If not, it's worth going to your doctor and explaining your fatigue. It may be that you have a vitamin B12 deficiency due to your Chron's. It might be possible to get medication to help with this.

Otherwise, if possible, you might want to try boosting your vitamin B12 intake by eating foods like meat, fish, eggs and fortified cereal. Trying to eat and drink the right things (as well as trying to get sufficient sleep) might give you a bit more energy.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I cant help, Im always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Fatigue Unmanageable--Suggestions? - September 9th 2018, 10:08 PM

HI there,

I hope you're doing okay! I also have CFS, and a couple things I have tried to do to help is getting massages regularly, drinking tea at night (night time tea). You could also try yoga, tai chi, and I have even found some essential oils help me sleep. Anything that has lavender in it helps me sleep. I diffuse it in my room at night. You can get them fairly cheap off amazon, just make sure you get one with an auto shut off.

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Fatigue Unmanageable--Suggestions? - September 11th 2018, 09:38 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I get blood work done every few months, and I told my doctor about the fatigue being so bad, so he ran extra tests, but everything came back normal. Which is good I guess, but also frustrating because there's no simple solution. I finally made it to the store to buy some vitamin B--I don't know if it'll help, but it's the only other thing I can think of. I try to eat as healthy as possible, but sometimes anything is better than nothing, since I have to make my own food (I don't live with my parents).

I've been doing yoga when possible, but it's limited how much I can do, due to lack of time and energy. I'm also walking a lot because my classes are pretty far apart on campus.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

Closed Thread