TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
feebee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

July 13th 2009, 03:04 AM

I have a mild intellectual disability and people just assume I don't know anything i have a duel disability i have depression as well School kicked me out because they think i am not capable to work in disability which i do voluntary anyway and then they said that i don't contribute to class which i do and they just wanted to get rid of me it is horrible i hate having a disability i hate it i do i want to give up i can not fight everyday from when i get up to when i go to be it is a constant fight i hate it
I love my disability it is me but i want to get rid of it in the same right i hate people thinking they know me and what i can do they don't know me at all and don't know my disability and what i can and can not do and wont let me show them I hate people they are sooo mean

what do people think

Last edited by eunoia; July 15th 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Multiple posts merged.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Interlectual disabilty - July 15th 2009, 08:34 PM

Hey there, Feebee.

I'm sorry to hear people are so closed-minded towards you. It sounds like they are judging you based on labels and before actually getting to know you, which is really unfair.

I is such a shame your school kicked you out. Is there any way you can disputed that decision, in order to go back? There may be an appeals board or some other avenue which you can use. You would probably have to write a letter disputing the decision and attend a meeting to voice your side of things. If that is something you want to do, you should definitely check into it.

I can definitely understanding both hating and loving your disability. I am terrified of losing my hearing, but at the very same time being hard of hearing is part of my identity--there is an entire community of people I know and can relate to because of it that I may not know, otherwise.

In the end, Feebee, it is what you think of yourself that matter. And it is what you believe of yourself that determines how far you will go in life, because when you believe in yourself nothing is impossible. Try to look at it this way: you are differently abled not disabled. You are still very able and capable of success and happiness, you just may have to take another road to get there, right?

Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything. I'm just a PM away. =)

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread