TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Baybay18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sherilee

My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 1st 2010, 10:18 PM

Hello My name is Sherilee but ppl call me ann for short plus thts part of my middle name. Im 18 years old and I was born with TCS (Treachers Collins Syndrumn) I know probably all of you or most of you have no clue what this means, well I wear a hearing aid in my right ear, I have droopy eyes but it doesn't cause any pain or seeing. I also can't breathe threw my nose, I also got a small jaw. I just want people to understand that I dont have anything that can kill people or thats going to kill me. I dont really lik putting pics up cuz then I get comments that im ugly and they think i have something really wrong with me which I don't. I'm just like everyone else but I just have a syndrumn, well people do call me ugly then they are the ugly ones for calling me ugly cuz everyone looks different in the world so get over urself!!!! If anyone has any questions about what I have and stuff just mgs me and I will answer them. thanx

I'm new so please try to get to kno me!!!
I would gladly love to help anyone tht has questions
  Send a message via AIM to Baybay18 Send a message via MSN to Baybay18 Send a message via Yahoo to Baybay18  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 1st 2010, 10:45 PM

Hi there! My name is Chloe!

I totally get what you are saying. People with Disabilities are just regular people. You know what I think, people with disabilities are just like other people. We may have some differences but that just makes us stronger. People with diabilities are somewhat smarter because we have to think of alternative ways to do things. You are strong. Everyone has inner strength. Everyone is also beautiful in there own way.

Almost lost track of what I really was gonna say, sorry.

I have a disability too and I am stronger because of it. If you'd like to talk with me and learn about each other, that'd be great. I'd love to hear about your disability! Ok, that sounds creepy...sorry. I'm just saying because I want to work with people with disabilities and the more I know the better.

If you'd like to PM me, my inbox is always open.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
randomperson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ann

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 2nd 2010, 03:41 AM

my personal belief is that people who have disorders that affects their outer beauty are the most beautiful people on the inside. Having a challenge in your life that you have to overcome just makes you a stronger person. I have to deal with painful muscle problems on a daily basis and I believe that I am a stronger person because of it. I understand that when you get funny looks towards you it really hurts. When i started high school in a wheelchair all the stares really hurt. But you know who you are on the inside and thats what really matters. If you really are having a hard time feel free to message me any time!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 2nd 2010, 08:56 AM

Hey there. (:

Firstly, it's nice to see this thread! It's good to see that you're encouraging other people to learn more about the Disability and the ways in which it effects you. If you ever have any questions you're more than welcome to ask one of us. The thing is, with Disabilities, if somebody doesn't understand than they are likely to stare. I know myself I've had people staring when I've struggled to walk, or asked directions to the disabled bathroom, but I'm so used to it that it just doesn't effect me any longer. Remember that at the end of the day this will make you such a stronger person. Just keep your head up.

Feel free to message me if you need anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 3rd 2010, 09:41 AM

i have a few dissabilites, adhd, aspergers, math dyslexia and dyspraxia which also known as clumsy child syndrome. at school people picked on me simply for being a little different from the rest.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 5th 2010, 12:30 AM

Hey there I have heard of TCS before. I watched a video on tv back when I was younger about a boy who had it really bad and so they had to re-construct his face and stuff. It was kind of interesting to learn about I'm glad that you aren't afraid to speak out about your TCS. This is the internet, you could choose to pretend that you don't have it while you're online because nobody would know the difference, but you don't hide, so that's very admirable.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Baybay18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sherilee

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 6th 2010, 08:27 PM

Thanks guys for taking ur time to read about my syndrumn I really appreciate it

The reason why I mostly posted this is because most people dont kno what TCS means so If people do get on this site and read about this then they will kno and hopefully tell people what TCS means and stuff like tht so wen they see people like tht they will understand what they have and not stare and make fun of me or them. I meant too wonderful friends who also have TCS and they are so amazing

Anyhow I just mostly want all people to understand tht just cuz we like different cuz of the syndrumn we have dont mean you have to judge us!!! we are all equal!!! we are all people!!! so stop judging ppl tht look different!! Thanx

I'm new so please try to get to kno me!!!
I would gladly love to help anyone tht has questions
  Send a message via AIM to Baybay18 Send a message via MSN to Baybay18 Send a message via Yahoo to Baybay18  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: My Syndrumn!! Read please - July 6th 2010, 10:27 PM

Hi there Sherilee!

Welcome to TeenHelp!

I have never heard of TCS before, thank you for giving us that little bit of information about it. I've had friends with all sorts of disabilities and syndromes and never once have I seen the disability or syndrome, always the person they are.
You are such a brave person! And you are right you are a person too and therefore equal!

falling_x

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

Closed Thread