TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Exclamation MS; Multiple Sclerosis - August 27th 2010, 10:12 AM

I put this thread under Disabilities because it is one. My mom has MS and if you don't know what it means you can google it.
I love her and and trust me, i want to help her. But i'm fucking scared.
He illness takes alot out of her and i just found out that she stopped taking her anti-depressants. I can see her relapsing at any fucking minute and she's started taking it out on us again. Calling us bitches etc.

I fucking hate it. She knows that i have confidence and self esteem issues. I've just come out of depression myself and i ended up in hospital after a time with SH. SHE FUCKING KNOWS THIS. But she still continues to bitch about me.

I've been considering wanting to become her carer but i can see her shoutng at me and saying that she needs no such thing. She's back on her walking stick again and it fucking kills me to live with her. Knowing she's hurting in every fucking way. I also know it's heer illness making her a bitch, but i still gotta vent sometimes. Before i knew about her MS everything she said, i took to heart. And i fucking sank to the bottom.
First Bully's then mom then dad and then my sister. I can't fucking deal with it. I've come off my A-D too.

I really don't know where i'm going with this but i just have one thing to say.
Even though i know it's not my fault, i still put the cause of her suffering down on me. I mean, i'm the selfish one. I'm also scared shitless that i'm gonna get MS as theres an increase that i could if my mom has it. Even though i don't admit it myself, my family have said that i'm a 'hypercondriach' and i fucking hate it. I can't help that i live everyday scared shitless that i'm going to become like mom.

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: MS; Multiple Sclerosis - August 28th 2010, 09:42 AM

Hey there,

Would you call this abuse or just bullying? In your own personal opinion. Also, was there any reason for the two of you stopping your antidepressants?

Living with MS is very demanding, so understandably it takes a huge toll on her and yes, those around her. It's worth remembering that while you see everything she goes through, everyone deals with things differently. She is probably in an awful lot more pain than she dares tell anybody. The thing is, she probably doesn't mean or want to 'bitch' about you, she's just struggling and finding the physical illness extremely difficult herself. If you were in her shoes do you not think you'd feel frustrated sometimes?

Have you ever been tested for MS? If it runs in the family surely it's best to see your doctor and ask whether he could recommend getting an MRI scan early on? I guess that's down to you.

Feel Free to PM me.
Marie.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: MS; Multiple Sclerosis - August 28th 2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Hey there,

Would you call this abuse or just bullying? In your own personal opinion. Also, was there any reason for the two of you stopping your antidepressants?

Living with MS is very demanding, so understandably it takes a huge toll on her and yes, those around her. It's worth remembering that while you see everything she goes through, everyone deals with things differently. She is probably in an awful lot more pain than she dares tell anybody. The thing is, she probably doesn't mean or want to 'bitch' about you, she's just struggling and finding the physical illness extremely difficult herself. If you were in her shoes do you not think you'd feel frustrated sometimes?

Have you ever been tested for MS? If it runs in the family surely it's best to see your doctor and ask whether he could recommend getting an MRI scan early on? I guess that's down to you.

Feel Free to PM me.
Marie.
Hey, thanks for the advice. And yeah, i would get frustrated at times. She's had it for around 13 years now and i'm fourteen. Somehow that makes me think that it's my fault because she got it after i was born.
You don't know how much i want to get checked out for it as i get a few of the same symptons as her but she says 'No Erin it's because i have MS that's why' But then i think. 'Ang on, you can get MS at the age of fourteen. I mean yeah, it's a little rare but it still happens.
Thing is, if i ever did want a scan i'd have to start out in secret because it would crush mom. She doesn't even want me entertaining to idea. So i'm kinda stuck. But it seriously scares me because i think i'm going to get it too. x

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
Closed Thread