TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Find-Cure Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Transplant related help - March 17th 2011, 10:54 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't really want to say much about myself but I will tell you that I do suffer from a lung disease and I'm in the final stages of the disease.

I was given two changes to be reviewed for double lung transplantation and both times I was told no, I was too ill for transplantation.

I met a good friend a couple of years ago and although their condition was different they were also trying to be accepted onto the transplant list.

We did become good friends always swapping stories and they did get the chance to go on the list, a month ago they got the call and underwent a double lung transplant. I couldn't be more happier knowing they managed to get the gift of life. My friend recovered really well in such a short time and they tell me of all the wonderful things they can now do which they couldn't do before. I'm really happy to hear these stories but it's also making me a bit upset because I'll never get that chance, I was told no and that was the end of the road for me.

I know I probably sound really selfish but I'm honestly not, I couldn't be more happier for my friend and what they can do now, it just upsets me that I'll never get that chance and I'll never get to walk miles, do exercise, walk up and down stairs and breathe without supplemented oxygen.

I really don't want to talk to anybody about how I feel which is why I'm posting this here, talking to someone who knows me is something I really do not want to do.

I also can't talk to my friend about how I feel as it's important they get better, I don't want to add anymore stress for my friend.

I hope you can all help

Find-Cure

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Transplant related help - March 17th 2011, 11:34 AM

Don't give up. The longer you are on the list, the more chance you have. I'm surprised. Usually they put younger people on top of transplant lists. You just have to be patient. They take lots of things into consideration when they pick people to receive organs. I'm so happy that your friend was finally able to get the transplant. I'm hoping that your day comes as well. Have you tried writing a journal? It might make the time pass by faster. I know it seems that you are in an endless tunnel, but you aren't. I know that the light at the tunnel, is going to eventually reveal. I am praying that you will be picked. Stay strong. If you need to talk, we are here. Don't be afraid to say whatever is on your mind.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Find-Cure Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Transplant related help - March 17th 2011, 11:51 AM

Thank you for the kind message Vibrant :-)

I'm not on the list I'm afraid, I was told no twice because I'm to ill for transplantation

I tried my best at two of the best transplant centres in the UK but because of a antibiotic resistant superbug that's growing in my lungs they said I wouldn't make it through the operation.

I'm really happy for my friend and I'm really glad she can do all these things she couldn't do before, I just wish could do them too.

I've not tried keeping a journal but I think I will try and have a go at writing one, I'm terrible at talking about feelings and I've never talked to someone else about how I feel before, I just wouldn't be able to do it. I'm so glad this forum is here and there are kind people such as yourself that can help

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Transplant related help - March 17th 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find-Cure View Post
Thank you for the kind message Vibrant :-)

I'm not on the list I'm afraid, I was told no twice because I'm to ill for transplantation

I tried my best at two of the best transplant centres in the UK but because of a antibiotic resistant superbug that's growing in my lungs they said I wouldn't make it through the operation.

I'm really happy for my friend and I'm really glad she can do all these things she couldn't do before, I just wish could do them too.

I've not tried keeping a journal but I think I will try and have a go at writing one, I'm terrible at talking about feelings and I've never talked to someone else about how I feel before, I just wouldn't be able to do it. I'm so glad this forum is here and there are kind people such as yourself that can help
I'm so sorry to hear that. One of my best friends needed a kidney. She was diagnosed with Kidney failure at the age of 9. It wasn't until she was 15, when her father decided to donate his kidney to her. She was on the list, but she never qualified for one. But she dind't give up. The sad thing is, even with her fathers kidney, they still give her trouble, so she has to be on dialysis. I am doing research on organ donating. It is very interesting. I am not really into medical related things, but this has sparked my interest. I am happy that you are taking my journal advice. Like I said before, everyone here is open to help you, so don't be afraid to talk to us, whenever you feel upset.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

Closed Thread